View RSS Feed

My blog...Mine, MINE!!!!

International Space Station Contact Attempts

Rate this Entry
For the past several nights I've been attempting to make voice contact with the International Space Station via 2 meter amateur radio. I've not heard anything on the downlink frequency, so I can only assume that the crew is not on the air. I've got one more shot on Monday night on a visible pass, then no visible passes for several weeks. I could attempt it during the day, but my present equipment would not work very well for that. I'll keep trying...I want that NA1SS QSL card on my wall!!!
Tags: ham radio
Categories
Life in General

Comments

Good luck! That would be a fun one. I don't have an adequate 2m setup right now, but perhaps soon. While in college in the mid 90's, my fellow ham club members and I QSL'ed with Mir by 2m packet -- using an HP 48gx calculator!
    Neat....I've not ever done packet, and I've heard that it's pretty much died out. I know there is a packet station on the ISS, so I'm tempted to get a TNC just to try to get a contact that way. But an FM voice contact is still what I'm shooting for.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.