View RSS Feed

Rate this Entry
Maybe it's the booze talking or maybe it's just me in a spurt of depression. But is anyone else in a similar situation such as myself?

I feel like I'm stuck. Not in any situation in particular. But I feel like I'm stuck in time. I'm 23... nearing 24... I don't have a job, I'm in school doing a trade... I don't have a home, nor am I married... I don't have kids... I wouldn't want them now anyway... but I feel stuck... like everyone else is moving on... I've been on facebook with all the friends I had in highschool... most of them are either married, with kids, or have a house... or some combination of the 3... I have nothing...

I'd love nothing more than to be a dad... to be a responsible person... to have a house to do adult things... but I feel like I don't... I have a gf... that is it... sometimes it don't even feel like it's right... I just feel... lost... so lost... I want to be further ahead... maybe it's a lack of confidence... maybe its an uncertainity... but I know one thing... I'm a hard worker, I work for what I want... that's not the question... the question is what is it I want to work for? I want to feel passionate about whatever I do for a living. I don't have any passion... I feel like I do what I must to please my family... but I want to be happy...

I don't mean to complain... I don't mean to whine... I don't expect any responses... I just state that times are tough... and it's hard... and I'm just trying to soldier on. I just want to be like all those I tried to be like in school. I don't want to feel behind from my peers. That is all. But either way I'm going through a tough time mentally. I could use a friend.

Re-reading this I don't know if anything makes sense. It's just raw emotion right now.
    You are stuck but not the way you think you are, its very easy for us to get in a cycle of Self-Loathing and it can be hard to see the truth of things while you are in the cycle. We also compare ourselves to others and most of the time we believe they are all doing better than we are but the human condition means these happy people can't see the greener grass below their feet and look at you with the same envy.

Sit down for a minute and forget what others are doing.

Now consider this, You are doing GREAT, You have a good work ethic, you are getting a trade and this makes me believe you are doing the right thing. You are forming a stable life for yourself that will only benefit the family you will have in the future.
    Hello Newphie,

I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way you did at your age. It had taken me longer than most of my friends to finish my degree, so I was still living at home and I really didn't have any idea where I was going to go from there. I didn't have a girlfriend either, so you're at least one step ahead of where I was.

I look back now and have come to realize that it hasn't been exactly easy to get to where I am today. It took a lot of hard work and determination, but it has been paying off. I have a great career, house, car, and now a wonderful girl that I fully intend on marrying and starting a family with.

All I can tell you is to work hard and never give up. It might not seem clear to you now. It certainly didn't for me. God works in mysterious ways and might not put you on the most direct path to your goal, but He'll certainly help guide you down the right one for you.

I wish you all the best and I'm sure everything will work out for you in the end as long as you work hard at it and stay focused on what it is you're trying to achieve.
    totally empathizing, here.
    and you're definitely not alone (especially considering the state of the economy and society).

i rationalized my sense of despair at it by looking at how things used to be, before we were conditioned with the many ideas of 'progress'; a concept which is more of a socio-economic and mental enslavement than anything else. our concept of time is a part of that; can you imagine how free you would be without clocks, or even the concept of time?
    impossible? well, questionable; but therein lies a solution.

when you stop chasing carrots, do you stop being a mule? - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.