View RSS Feed

egor

I just got to brag.

Rate this Entry
So I was on my way to pick my wife up from work. I am driving down the busy arterial road and coming up on the center turning lane. In the space between the center lane striping is a little raccoon that is laying belly down and looks like it might have been clipped by a tire and killed but not mushed. I get into the turning lane and it looks up at me and watches as I drive by. I could not help but to turn on my emergency flashers and back up to it. As I get close it comically scotches around to face me. I let three 4x4 go pass and I get out. It stood up and starts chattering. I started to signal the two cars about 500 ft away to stop. The lady in front finally slows down after about the 7-8th hand gesture to stop. Before she stop he started to move back and forth and move out into the traffic lane. I started to step into the lane and getting a little PO because she would not stop. She finally did, and he hesitated for a couple of seconds then finally I started shushing him and he ran across the street into the wet lands next to the road.

The people in the three cars that stopped actually waved as the drove off. I got back into my car and continues on to get my wife.

I had done something like this once before, but with a devastating outcome of no good deed goes unpunished.

I was doing restock to the outside work areas and as I drove past this one storm drain I noticed the female duck having a fit along side the road. I stopped and sure enough there was three chicks with her and about six down in the storm drain. I got off the forklift and opened up the drain cover and fished the little stinkers out and onto dry land.
I got my next load and was coming back that way. She had started heading towards the stream next to the orchard area by the road. I saw all nine chicks following her and this red tailed hawk swops in and lands on the line of chicks. It then leaves with chicks hanging everywhere and mama duck goes running of squawking with 5 chicks following her.

So anyway I am 1 for 2 and if I see it again I will do it again.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good job saving the raccoon and as for the ducks, by my maths the mother was still 2 ducklings up even after the hawk.
    I like the story. You saved the raccoon and the ducklings but the hawk wanted some dinner. You did well.
    Circle of Life. Hawks have to eat, too. Good job all around
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.