View RSS Feed

kerry

next up...

Rate this Entry
I don't know about anyone else, but I really do love karaoke. It's not just something silly I put in my username; I completely get into it. I have a semi-pro set-up at home with about 3500 songs, and I used to go out to bars all the time. Haven't in several years though, until last weekend. It was funny: I used to go out every weekend, sometimes twice: once with friends and once with my kids. This week my oldest kid took me.

Cool place actually: a pizza place with a big comfortable bar and a book with more songs than I have ever seen before; I swear that if you actually tried to sing them all it would take you several years. I kept trying to think of completely obscure songs and looked them up, and there they were! ("Big City Miss Ruth Ann" by Gallery? Yeah, we got that!) I mean the book had three full pages of Elvis songs!!! It was incredible.

(BTW: At one point I randomly decided to find out what single word started more popular songs than any other. Using the alpha list in the book, I discovered--no surprise here--that it is "I" with "You" a not-so-near second. Third place, though, was interesting: a tie between "Love" and "Don't.")

Anyway...

WAY too many singers this week, so I only got to sing three times. But we had fun. There was this one wacky woman there who sang a song I don't know but it was one that had a screamo part in it...and she shifted into the screamo voice for it! It was crazy! (She did a great screamo voice, BTW. It was frightening.) And the best part was that all of the singers were various shades of good: no bad singers/drunk singers in sight. Best kind of karaoke night for a serious singer.

Don't know if you all ever do this stuff, but it's loads of fun. Just saying.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

much as, I suppose, my travels and riding/owning a Harley is to me.

Expensive, time-consuming, involved. Yes, a passion.

Can's sing worth a damn.
    I have always wanted to try karaoke, but never have. I used to sing in my church choir many years ago and I like to sing in the car with good songs playing. I like alternative / punk music so that's what I would like to sing. Any of those songs make it into karaoke?
    This company seems to have every song every written. What are some of your favorite songs to sing?
    That sounds so fun! What are your favorite songs to sing?
    Naleas: I love singing lots of different things.

Mary-Chapin Carpenter, Elton John, Shania Twain, show tunes, Natalie Merchant ("Wonder" is my signature song), the Carpenters, a ton of random oldies from the seventies and random country things; "Amazed"...

Lots of stuff.

I want to get a Taylor Swift karaoke CD to learn some of her songs; I like her stuff.
    That sounds like great. You have great taste! Right now, I really want to do karaoke of The Sugarhill Gang's Rappers Delight, but I will have to listen to Wonder because I haven't heard that before I don't think.

Taylor Swift lol, yeah she is good, my favorite song with her isn't by her but features her. It is Highway Don't Care by Tim McGraw feat. Taylor Swift and Keith Urban, that'd be fun to do, or Jolene by Dolly Parton. Which is about all I know of country.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.