View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

I just thought of something...

Rate this Entry
Don't get mad at me for this... since I know people are sick of hearing about autism on here and whatever. It's just something that I thought of while writing my story.

I think the reason there are so many people on the spectrum is because as children, most of us with autism don't experience childhood the same as a normal child. We miss out on that opportunity because of the different wiring of our brains. Autistic children don't usually partake in pretend play or play with toys like normal kids. They line up their toys in a certain order.

I know when I was growing up, I never engaged in pretend play. I was always picking at rocks and stuff. It wasn't until I was between the ages of 12 and 14 that I started playing with my cousins who were around five, six or seven. They loved playing all of the games like house or doctor or even school, and I played those games with them.

Plus, I've heard about other autistic children who are forced to be potty trained when they aren't ready. Others stay in diapers until the age of twelve because of their disability.

I think it's just because we don't gain that inner child until we get older. We realize that once we are more mature, we understand that we didn't get a chance to be like the kids you see today who are playing games, play pretending and all that. I think this has a role in why so many of us are on the spectrum.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think some of things you are saying are very true. I myself never got a long with kids my same age, I ways got a long better with those who where younger. That I think is because of our mental state we where younger than our age.

Having flunked 2nd grad I was always in classes with young kids.

One thing I have come across is the for some of us we also where abused has kids. Not all of us but some. I would been one of those kids.

Some times our toys did not interest us and we found other things to do, I to did the Rock thing.

Not knowing what was going on in our heads made us feel like we were outcast. We did fit into the normal little box called life.

Trying to tell other people what went on with us some times feels like we are banging our heads against a brick wall.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen
    I think some of things you are saying are very true. I myself never got a long with kids my same age, I ways got a long better with those who where younger. That I think is because of our mental state we where younger than our age.

Having flunked 2nd grad I was always in classes with young kids.

One thing I have come across is the for some of us we also where abused has kids. Not all of us but some. I would been one of those kids.

Some times our toys did not interest us and we found other things to do, I to did the Rock thing.

Not knowing what was going on in our heads made us feel like we were outcast. We did fit into the normal little box called life.

Trying to tell other people what went on with us some times feels like we are banging our heads against a brick wall.
    That's exactly true! I know for me, I was one of the ones who didn't get into pretend play or games and stuff either. I didn't start taking interest until I was older. In fact, you know how kids are afraid of the dark? I was the opposite. As a child, I loved the dark and now, I hate the darkness. My parents told me that I never used to be bothered by it growing up.

I did do a few childish things like, carrying around my stuffed animals, especially my elmos I had. It's something I still do to this day. Though, now it's more appropriate because they are anime plushies I bring with me for comfort. XD

I think as a child, my mom once told me that I was abusive. In kindergarten, I would hit my classmates and just be this really bad person. I didn't mean to be though. It just meant there was something wrong with the way my brain was reacting to things. I was also very hyperactive, disruptive and wouldn't stay in my seat.

I was actually abused in elementary school by my teachers. It was more emotionally though, but it still affected me as I got older. It made me hate school so much. I actually had my second grade teacher stick me into the back of the classroom facing the wall. Every time i turned around to participate, he would yell at me. My mom even said I got nightmares because of it. :/

I think my childhood was affected by the fact that my parents struggled so much just to try and figure out why I wasn't like the others. I had this kitchenette set that I would 'play' with by spilling all of it's contents onto the floor and making a mess. My mom has pictures of me actually doing this and showing the mess I made.

I do agree that abuse can also be a factor as well. My parents knew from the start that I wasn't normal because I didn't start talking until I was four. I had to take speech therapy until the eighth grade.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.