View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

I'm not a bad person.

Rate this Entry
Do you ever see my asking for pity? Sure,at one time when my ex dumped me, yes. It has nothing to do with my disability. I hardly use it for attention or to get my way, and I don't see why I can't let people know I have it. It's better they know than to lie about it when I get anxious over something and can't talk to the person.

Having a disability isn't easy. I can't act a certain way because my brain is wired differently. I can't act civilized because I don't know how, yet I still try and trying is better than not doing anything at all.

Anyway, I've been thinking about redoing my teen baby story. I want to make it better because I feel I could give it more details and whatever. I won't be posting it here though. If its allowed, I'll post a link to where you can read it.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're right! You're not a bad person, AC! I understand the need to explain your disability. I have to explain my social anxiety in public all the time! AAH! Luckily it doesn't come up on the forums, or I'd be doing a ton more explaining here, too, so people understood what was going on and how it wasn't their fault. But I've totally had to verbally apologize to random store clerks or bank tellers, etc, and say, "No, I'm okay. I'm sorry. I'm just shy." They probably wouldn't understand what SA is so I just use the common word, you know?

Some people on these forums, even though ADISC is a generally safer place than others in this community, can be very opinionated and outspoken. Some people can be pretty rude without actually breaking the rules. I'm so sorry those people are giving you a hard time, it seems, based on this post. If you are really getting upset by certain people you can always add them to your personal ignore list, too, to make this forum safer for you to enjoy.

Good luck with your story-writing! It's a tough thing to do. I'm pretty sure adding a link to your work in your blog isn't against the rules, or anything, but maybe a moderator could better answer that question.

You have a great day AC!!!
    I agree with Frogsy. There are a few on here who din't seems to think before saying something to some one. I have run into a few myself.

For some of us we need to get our disabilities out in the open first. Some times keeping them hidden is even worst.

We can help who we are we can only learn to live our lives the best we can.
    It is. I feel like if I don't tell people, then I'm not being truthful to myself. D: I don't mind that people are like that it's just... when things get out of hand, I panic and end up having a nervous breakdown.
    First and foremost we need to be truthful with ourselves.Because we have disabilities is not our fault. We can not down ourselves for what we are. I have beaten myself up too many times , to know better. We get more curve balls thrown at us then most people will see in a life time. That just means that we need to fight harder. One of my own difficulties as been dealing with my emotions. I'm a Cry Baby, so what.
    I have done the same thing. I've beaten myself up because of the fact that I can't be like everyone else. That's how I began cutting myself because of all that's happened. I can't help that I am how I am sometimes because I just don't know how to act any other way. I can only act the way I was meant to act, you know? People think they can change me or expect me to change and I always tell them... it's just not that easy.
    No is like every one else. We deal with things that others have no understand of. I still carry scares from cutting my self on my feet. I didn't want any one else to know I was doing it. That was when I was 18. Self mutation is never the answer. There are a lot of people here to talk to and can help. Don't let the few jerks that seem to be on here get to you. I have been through a whole lot in my life time, take I would not wish on any one. Not even my worst enemy.

You are crying for help and some of us are listening.
    Chessie,

You're definitely not a bad person! I've seen your posts in the forum, and you come across as a very kind, sensitive person who really cares about others. I don't think there's any reason, that I've seen, to think you're a bad person.

I know a certain recent thread must have been painful to see. But, as one very wise poet once wrote, "Haters gonna hate". Other peoples' opinions do have an impact. But they're not necessarily right. They're just saying what they think, and it's not necessarily true at all.

I think the majority of this community is glad you're here - I am! You've added a lot to the forum, and I know having a disability can't be easy, but you're not one to hide behind it. Keep being you, and people will see the real you - which is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrallen
    No is like every one else. We deal with things that others have no understand of. I still carry scares from cutting my self on my feet. I didn't want any one else to know I was doing it. That was when I was 18. Self mutation is never the answer. There are a lot of people here to talk to and can help. Don't let the few jerks that seem to be on here get to you. I have been through a whole lot in my life time, take I would not wish on any one. Not even my worst enemy.

You are crying for help and some of us are listening.
    Well, it was two months since I had done it until yesterday. D: I just do it with a tack and kind of pick at it until it leaves a mark. ._. I usually feel guilty after I did it, but I didn't yesterday and that kind of scared me because I think I might be starting a habit now.

I want to stop doing it, yet I just can't. the reason I had such a nervous breakdown was also because of my ex dumping me and me losing two of my friends. I was worried I might lose someone else who's very dear to me. He's the reason I'm cosplaying the character I'm going as this year... my aniki.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer
    Chessie,

You're definitely not a bad person! I've seen your posts in the forum, and you come across as a very kind, sensitive person who really cares about others. I don't think there's any reason, that I've seen, to think you're a bad person.

I know a certain recent thread must have been painful to see. But, as one very wise poet once wrote, "Haters gonna hate". Other peoples' opinions do have an impact. But they're not necessarily right. They're just saying what they think, and it's not necessarily true at all.

I think the majority of this community is glad you're here - I am! You've added a lot to the forum, and I know having a disability can't be easy, but you're not one to hide behind it. Keep being you, and people will see the real you - which is a good thing!
    lol that's a relief. I tend to worry about things a lot though. ._. I have a horrible past that has contributed a lot to my life.
    In general I think, if something is very offending, or if you feel so at least, it's nothing wrong about it to say so. Criticism is okay... but getting personal certainly not. So silence ain't golden in this case, i.e. taking an insult for granted, that's just wrong. And on the other hand, someone might say that s/he didn't mean to point out things that way, so the situation is somewhat more clear =).

Personally I think there's a small line between trying and saying "I tried", but didn't exactly in the end. However, really trying, despite or even more with the fact that it's hard, is worth a lot, in my honest opinion.

And something to remember for everyone. Not as an excuse, just to think about it: Mean people are sad inside, and that's why they do the things they do.
    Dear one your not bad you are you.
    Now there are some on here that come across as harsh and some that are very harsh.
    They come across as they know every thing and this is how it is.
    There opinion mostly .
    So just let those go its them . Criticism can hurt if all you ever get is criticism from others.
    It gives you low self-esteem.
    That being sead they don't know your getting it from all sides.
    We all have feelings some on top some deep.
    But you can feel hurt I wish all the best.:-)
    I have been rejected a lot at times feel an out cast.
    But keep trying have the best day:-)
    You are YOU and people either take you as you are or it's "their" loss- not yours..If they are unkind- it's on THEIR Karma not yours by my logic. Mean people suck,

I've the deepest empathy for your situation as so often my comforts&needs end up being disrespected by others. Which can suck moreso when folks are mean.

We've all got our needs and comforts plus our best aspects to be honorably proud of. And all we can do is hope to be a better person than everyone around us:}

Disability is a term that often becomes used against us by folks who either are "Poopyheads" or just suck at empathy. I've come to a calm stability of reflecting that many mean folks who flunked empathy on the "hateful" levels of same- may have been survivors of Very Bad Thing leaving Unhealed Wounds in them. So they abuse terms like Disability to make themselves hurt less or it could be a deep lack of clue,,,

Still and all- it's become one of the terms used to denote our differences for better or worse- we're stuck using it as such. And creating new terms is so often an exercise in drama that we tent to give up too early.

May you be well in all things.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.