View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

*sigh*

Rate this Entry
My parents seriously don't understand me. I'm not lazy, and I've mentioned this to them a number of times too. It's because of the lack of executive functioning. If you don't quite understand what it means, look here. Basically, it makes carrying out certain tasks difficult.

If you told me to clean my room, I'd probably just sit there full of anxiety because a warning pops into my brain. I can't pass this warning because it's like a blue screen of death. The only way to get passed it is for a computer to reboot. That's how my brain works.

This is something my parents continue to understand. Sure, I'm CAPABLE of doing these things... but it's the wiring in my brain that makes it difficult. I can't really explain it enough to get you guys to understand. D: No one can really understand this, to be honest. ._.

But yeah... so, my parents called me lazy again. *sigh*
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

You're preaching to the choir here on my end. I just had another ration of being called every name in the DSM-V. Being aware that we can be the only sane ones surrounded by the insane that don't have any clue as to their ignorance is of little comfort when the insane get fixated on some kind of point to prove. Sometimes it truly does feel like this is the Wrong Planet
    If your room is a disaster area, then might it be the quantity of the work (rather than the nature of the work) that causes you to lock up? You seem able to put your thoughts on paper well enough, so perhaps just make a list of what needs to be done in your room and then try to do one little thing on your list each time you're in there.

Just a thought.

I hope I'm not seeming accusatory. I have my own mental hang-ups around a lot of things, so I do sympathize. At the same time, I think there are always workarounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    If your room is a disaster area, then might it be the quantity of the work (rather than the nature of the work) that causes you to lock up? You seem able to put your thoughts on paper well enough, so perhaps just make a list of what needs to be done in your room and then try to do one little thing on your list each time you're in there.

Just a thought.

I hope I'm not seeming accusatory. I have my own mental hang-ups around a lot of things, so I do sympathize. At the same time, I think there are always workarounds.
    Lists don't really do it for me. The ADHD kind of gets in the way and I'd probably just stare at the list all dumbfounded. Plus, I have the hardest time remembering things. >< I've tried just about everything, even using my iPad to help me... nothing. D:

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED
    You're preaching to the choir here on my end. I just had another ration of being called every name in the DSM-V. Being aware that we can be the only sane ones surrounded by the insane that don't have any clue as to their ignorance is of little comfort when the insane get fixated on some kind of point to prove. Sometimes it truly does feel like this is the Wrong Planet
    Yeah. I always tend to think that. The thing is that growing up, my ADHD was severe. I wasn't diagnosed with Autism until about twelve. ._. I was a late talker as well.

Thing is... I know I'm smart. It's just... simple things can still get to me. My brain is this huge mixed up miss of miswiring and overloaded programming. It's like living with outdated software while everyone else is all up-to-date on the latest windows. D:
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.