View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

Ugh

Rate this Entry
I can't please everyone. I get that I write differently than what people are probably used to seeing. I've been writing ever since the fifth grade, and I know I've probably developed a unique way of writing my stories. Not everyone is going to like what I write or how I write. Just because one person says they don't like how I write, doesn't mean another person will feel the same way.

I'm not going to change the way I write just because of one person. Seriously? It just wouldn't make sense. Sure, maybe my writing could use improvement, but I'm not looking for ways to make it any better right now. Besides, you gotta realize that my disabilities also affect my writing. I can't change the way I write over one night. I can't write the way someone wants me to write. I have to be able to write in my own way or else, what's the point of writing period?

I'm just saying, if you don't like my writing style, then do you really have to comment and tell me that or say how it should be better?
Categories
Writing

Comments

Hi Chessie,

I like how you had the guts to post a story. Not an easy thing to do! It is worth noting, though, that in the story forums, we encourage reader feedback. So people will tell you what they do and don't like about your story.

Now, you don't have to listen to their criticism. But you do need to know why you're writing.

If it's to grow as a writer, at least consider the critiques you've gotten. Every one of us has growing to do as a writer - even the best authors in the world. Again, you may disagree with the feedback you got, but at least think about it. However, if you're just writing for fun, then you don't have to let the comments you got affect you at all. Write the way you want, and get your message out there!

Don't feel bad about being criticised. It doesn't make you a bad writer. It's an opportunity to think about how you're doing things. But I know, it does hurt to get a rough review. Don't let it stop you, though! Good luck as you continue Lulu's adventures.
    Well, I've actually changed the story some. XD I don't know if anyone will read it on the writing forums I go on though. That's why I posted a link in my signature so everyone here can read it there. I don't mind it anyway, I just like when someone can say what they look about the story. Basically, to counter the negative with positive rather than just say negative things.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.