View RSS Feed

The Misadventures of an Adult Little~

I need some story help~

Rate this Entry
I want to write my first AB/DL story. I was thinking my character could also have autism, or some psychological condition. I'm not going to load her with things she doesn't need, so I might just stick with autism. I can work with that condition pretty well. Anyway, I'm not good at this kind of thing which is why I need help. I might read some stories here to get ideas... it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I just want to see if those who write stuff like this can offer some ideas or tips for me? I won't do a fursona story because it's not in my writing ability. ><
Categories
Writing

Comments

The best suggestion for a first attempt is a autobiography based. One does not have to tell anything that you do not want to gt out, but start from there. Do you plot chart and look at an event in your life that you would be comfortable with and then tell it in true ending or explore the possibilities of what would or could of happened if the character did or did not do something. Just as an example I have had an instances in my life that if I had not forgot something sorta stupid that I HAD TO GO BACK and get I would have been in the middle of a twenty car pile up.

I hope that helps.

If you need a proof reader I am willing to help, just PM me.
    I have published a few professional things, which is why I do not do creative writing: 1)everything looks and is dry as a research paper, and 2) I suck at spelling and it does nothing but get me frustrated.

Good luck.

P.S. My son has Autism and I have ADD. Another suggestion would be siblings or friends and focus on a contrast of with Vs without to explain/show the world of Autism to the neurotypicals so they can understand that we are unique and not "special".
    Don't write a character with issues like that unless it'll become a plot point or severely effect how a character will act and interact with people. First, you have to think of what you really want for your plot. What's the point of the story; what's the conflict? How will it be resolved? Once you figure that out, you'll have a decent starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonSoryu117
    Don't write a character with issues like that unless it'll become a plot point or severely effect how a character will act and interact with people. First, you have to think of what you really want for your plot. What's the point of the story; what's the conflict? How will it be resolved? Once you figure that out, you'll have a decent starting point.
    Well, I'm basing my character somewhat on me. I'm not going to create this mary sue character who's a spitting image of me. I don't do that. >< Besides, it's easier if I write my characters with some disability.

The idea I had was that my character has mild to moderate autism (her meltdowns and sensory overloads are extremely severe). Her mom works all the time, going on business trips and stuff like that. So, she hardly sees her mother. I thought this would be a perfectly good reason why she has an interest in diapers and being an adult baby. The emotional stress of always having to stay with her aunt and cousin, you know?

I don't want it to be a sexual desire, but I thought it could be something to relieve her from the emotional distress. I have a lot of good ideas, it's just having to put them in a story.

Quote Originally Posted by egor
    The best suggestion for a first attempt is a autobiography based. One does not have to tell anything that you do not want to gt out, but start from there. Do you plot chart and look at an event in your life that you would be comfortable with and then tell it in true ending or explore the possibilities of what would or could of happened if the character did or did not do something. Just as an example I have had an instances in my life that if I had not forgot something sorta stupid that I HAD TO GO BACK and get I would have been in the middle of a twenty car pile up.

I hope that helps.

If you need a proof reader I am willing to help, just PM me.
    I have published a few professional things, which is why I do not do creative writing: 1)everything looks and is dry as a research paper, and 2) I suck at spelling and it does nothing but get me frustrated.

Good luck.

P.S. My son has Autism and I have ADD. Another suggestion would be siblings or friends and focus on a contrast of with Vs without to explain/show the world of Autism to the neurotypicals so they can understand that we are unique and not "special".
    I have both too. I have what my mental health center calls high functioning classic autism. I can be really typical on most days, but there are times when I have trouble functioning in the normal settings. It all depends on my mood and what I'm going through. I also have borderline intellectual functioning or intellectual disability. Physically, I'm 24, but mentally I'm about ten or eleven.

And yeah. I have this idea that maybe the cousin she stays with wears diapers. The aunt could be really accepting of her daughter (my character's cousin) of being an adult baby or something. She lets her niece wear them too when she has that curious look. She tells her niece that she won't tell her mother about it either.
    [QUOTE=AutisticChessie;bt29372]Well, I'm basing my character somewhat on me. I'm not going to create this mary sue character who's a spitting image of me. I don't do that. >< Besides, it's easier if I write my characters with some disability.

The idea I had was that my character has mild to moderate autism (her meltdowns and sensory overloads are extremely severe). Her mom works all the time, going on business trips and stuff like that. So, she hardly sees her mother. I thought this would be a perfectly good reason why she has an interest in diapers and being an adult baby. The emotional stress of always having to stay with her aunt and cousin, you know?

I don't want it to be a sexual desire, but I thought it could be something to relieve her from the emotional distress. I have a lot of good ideas, it's just having to put them in a story.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that's not a conflict. Also, the average individual without any sort of autistic issues and such can also be TB/AB/DL/ETC. I dunno why you would associate autism with *B/DL stuff to make it more plausible. My ex was high functioning autistic, and had no interest in *B/DL stuff.

Again, though, there's no conflict here. Your character just has issues; not conflicts. A conflict would be Man Vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, or Man Vs. Self (As the basic 3). If your character has an issue that must be resolved with one of these three, that CAN be resolved, and it's the focus of the story, then you're set.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.