View RSS Feed

Oateson

No One Person...

Rate this Entry
No one person is intrinsically better than any other one person. One person may be 'smarter' than another, but intelligence is subjective. One person may be 'stronger' than another, but that carries no moral duty to treat the stronger better. One person may be 'more beautiful', but that is not who they really are. One person may be 'popular', but being constantly surrounded leaves no room for the self to flourish.
Categories
A Thought for Food

Comments

"Better than," is a good synonym for "greater than," or consequently, "of more value," if you think about it. A person's value is subjective, depending on the situation. The all-star basketball player might be a shitty poker player, and thus in that situation his value is diminished. Of course, we all know that one person in our lives who just seems to be great at just about anything he/she does, and thus, their value is consistently high. Some people are born with disabilities and some are born already walking; some people are simply born intelligent whilst others are born into retardation. Societaly, whilst we speak against it, or not about it at all, each person does have a value. There's a price on every head. One person can be worth more than another overall, ergo, that one person is, in fact, better than someone else totally.

It's cruel, but the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonSoryu117
    "Better than," is a good synonym for "greater than," or consequently, "of more value," if you think about it. A person's value is subjective, depending on the situation. The all-star basketball player might be a shitty poker player, and thus in that situation his value is diminished. Of course, we all know that one person in our lives who just seems to be great at just about anything he/she does, and thus, their value is consistently high. Some people are born with disabilities and some are born already walking; some people are simply born intelligent whilst others are born into retardation. Societaly, whilst we speak against it, or not about it at all, each person does have a value. There's a price on every head. One person can be worth more than another overall, ergo, that one person is, in fact, better than someone else totally.

It's cruel, but the truth.
    You'd sell someone out for a dollar if that's what they were worth given the current situation?
    [QUOTE=Oateson;bt28893]You'd sell someone out for a dollar if that's what they were worth given the current situation?[/QUOTE]

Everyone has a price. Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonSoryu117
    Everyone has a price. Everyone.
    Remind me never to be your friend.
    [QUOTE=Oateson;bt28907]Remind me never to be your friend.[/QUOTE]

Lol; it's simply one of those facts of life. One of those cruel facts that everyone says "omg no that's wrong!" and such. Sorry, but humans are opportunists, not morally perfect beings. Morals change person to person and the standard changes mile by mile, town by town, state by state, country by country. Normality, like equality, is a nice thought but no more than a grandiose illusion.

Do you actually have a counter to that?
    Humans are opportunists, I agree, but having no personal convictions or principles to go by when it comes to dealing with others is living a baseless existence. You will quickly find you'll lose a lot of friends when they realise you'd easily sell them out to get ahead. No one wants to feel like they've been taken advantage of.

Some people, like yourself, may be okay with treating others like that, and that's fine. If that's your sense of normality, then roll with it. Just don't expect me to want to associate with you, especially as you're unwilling to provide me with even the slightest modicum of trust with your intentions.
    You're very presumptuous; just because everyone has a price doesn't mean that someone can even remotely, easily pay such a price. This is why there're things such a plea bargains, for example, in more than just a few court cases involving 2 or more individuals. If someone I knew, even if it were a friend, committed a rape and murder and I knew about it and was questioned, I'd spill, because if I didn't and someone found out, I'd wind up an accessory to rape and murder. The price is high there, but the price would be right.

I also don't expect you to associate with me; but you posed an idea, and I feel I've strongly countered it. You also completely ignored my example earlier, regarding someone good at one thing, poor at another, and in a situation where their value is diminished; not very good at debating, I see? :P

Also, you're again presumptuous. Everyone has principles to go on when dealing with others, some peoples' principles are to ignore others and better themselves, which is still dealing with other people, so it's not a lack of principle so much as a deeply different set of principles from yourself.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.