View RSS Feed

Lot's of fun stuff.

Rate this Entry
The past few days things have just been going right for me, I feel great and am very happy over the past few days events. Tomorrow night will tell if I keep feeling that way. But let me start from the beginning. I bought hockey tickets to see the Detroit Red Wings play the L.A. Kings on April 24'th at Joe Louis, I have never been to the Joe and was super freaking excited, it has always been my dream to see a game there. Win or lose for the Wings, I was just happy to go.

To get out there we were flying stand-by, the original plan was to leave on the 24'th, day of the game. But there was only 1 flight out there from Denver and it was getting full fast. It would have been game over if we didn't make that flight. So instead we flew out the 23'rd to Chicago, got in at 12:30, had to be up at 4:00 the next morning to make it back to the airport to wait for 1 of 3 flights out to Detroit. The first flight was booked full and we were the only 2 on the stand-by list. Since my Mom is a flight attendant, she could sit in the jumpseat in the back of the plane. All we needed was 1 person to miss the flight to give me the open seat and sure enough, final call for boarding and ONE person failed to show.

We ended up getting to Detroit about 10:45 and to our hotel about 11:00, leaving 8 1/2 hours till the game, which we had nothing but issues figuring out how to get there, because the cab service that we were going to use, said they don't do pick ups. (What the F***!?!?!) Yeah don't ask me why a cab service turned down a $100 round-trip fair. So we rented a car, made our way downtown and I gotta say, Detroit is not that bad, people were giving me the idea we were gonna get mugged as soon as we stepped outside.

We went and had dinner at a place called Chelis Chili Bar, which is owned by Chris Chelios a former Wings player, who also bartends quite often there. Unfortunately he was not there

But hey, to end the trip the Wings won 3-1 and I was sitting second row from the glass. Best game of my life and even better is my Manager is a Kings fan, so I get to rub it in his face tonight that we won and only need 1 game to make the playoffs!

NOW onto a completely different topic of why I am happy. I got padding at goodwill this morning, first time find of something actually worth buying. 6.99 a pack of Abri-Form M4 Premiums, 3 packs for $23 total, 42 total diapers, that are sad to say cloth backed, but are extremely comfortable and have to say I had cloth backed diapers all wrong. The only downside to buying was the slow cashier and the one awkward man right behind me, who was also the same man who stood in front of the diapers for like 15 minutes looking at backpacks, making me wait around awkwardly. The most ironic thing though was that while I was waiting I saw a book titled "What do you care what other people think." It made me laugh. I should have bought it as well.

and just got a free medium fry at McDonalds! they gave my stuff to someone else, so they gave me theirs and mine.
    Sounds like you had a good time in the Motor City and good prices at Goodwill. Also sounds like Micky D's want's to keep you coming back.
    Ive been to quite a few Red Wings games myself seeing as I live in Michigan. Joe louis arena is awesome! Its also right next door to Cobo Hall where they host the Detroit International Auto show every year (been to that several times as well!). - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.