View RSS Feed

Sad Day

Rate this Entry
Going to keep this short and to the point as it is late. First I would like to state I saw this coming and I am not disappointed, but I found out about the management position I applied for had been offered to someone else. Can't say I'm surprised, my interview was terrible.

My GM pointed out things I should work on if I want the next available spot, nothing too big, his words and I quote "I believe you would have no problem taking on the job if it had been offered to you" He then spoke of giving me a little more pay while I was still at that theater, but had to get it approved by the talent board. Hoping for at least $10 an hour, so an .85 cent increase, which seems like a lot. But hey, I am coming up on 6 years with this job. I am in a spot I did not think I would be 6 years ago. Amazing how quickly things change.

Anyways, off to bed, just got home from seeing the movie "42" That one about Jackie Robinson. Very good movie, but if you go in expecting to see a lot of baseball, you will be disappointed. It's more just his life story and his struggle in the MLB.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the job. But you should really work on those little problems your GM mentioned. Surely the next available job will be yours then! =)

And congrats for the pay raise.
    It sounds like your GM likes you and your work. Take his advice and things will probably work out for you in the future.
    I saw MovieBob review that movie today. Sorry about the job, but I hope you still move forward happy and manage to get that pay increase. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.