View RSS Feed

Remark to multiple threads.

Rate this Entry
I have taken several hours to composs this blogin my head. My first major concern is that I am myself guilty of some of the very concerns that I am talking about.

I read and reread a thread in I believe Diaper talk about dating medical professionals. A discussion about personality and reactions goes to a steriotype discussion. People have different jobs and different abilities. I have done the dirty part of the research picture and know for a fact that letters and periods do not mean practical knowledge. But outside of work they are just people that like to deal with stuff or not. It does not have to do with degrees or anything other then personal life.

I have a very serious consern about a contributer that asked for help and was blindsided with non compassion. The facts that were presented were 'truthful", but no explanation was offered. She has not been back and I am worried. I am not a greenhorn any more, but I am still trying to get all of this information and self dought under control. What I saw, in my opinion, was experienced people that have an understsnding of this 'CONDITION' literaturely belittle a very vulnerable newbe when they asked for help with one of the hardest part of organizing your uncertenties as you come to grips with self acceptance.

Then I have also seen and responded to threads that critisize grammer. It was one persons opinion, and I responded, and there is points that are valid, but the discussion was not kind at times.

Then again I have reponded to a thread in I believe off topic and was strongly critisized for what I said. This is a discussion, but unfortunatly I use a wrong word (similar to what was ment, but diferent in application), so IMO the content was not discussed. Instead I was given a diagnosis for a mental condition by someone that on another thread said this would never happen.

I have also seen and responded to a thread in adult baby that was an expression of someones thoughts about AB and Sexual implications. I responded as controlled as possible but now I am not sure if I was as kind as I should have.

Yet on another thread shortly after I joined some one expressed concerns about the "reality" of the infantilism and stopping. I know I responded as a confussed newbe and that I was (am) just attempting to come to grips with something that I have fought with for 40+ years and has contributed significantly to my ongoing clinical depression.

I am so happy that I joined this group. My life has changed so much in the last 10 weeks, but things are still in need of improvement and gaining understanding. I am just expressing a concern about some things I have seen in the last few days, and I have expressed my concern to a very good friend that I have made here. But I thought I would express these thoughts on this format to cover a wide sellection of forums.

I have a couple of spelling errors, and sure typos. My computer is toast so I am using my wifes' which has sticking keys, which makes my typing even worse. The main point is that both computers do not like the spell check and the computers seams not to want to interface with web sight.

I have said enough, I have made every attempt to be professional about my thoughts. If I have offended anyone I will apalogize now.

No, I totally agree with your intentions. I want us all to be friendly, to be kind to one another, and always be respectful. Sometimes I see people posting just to be mean sometimes, and that makes me really sad! The thing is, I don't think anyone is ever going to be perfect. I try to live my life with the feeling that I can always be better person and I need to be growing better each day. I'm not saying people should have to think about me, but I don't think being nice is a bad thing either. I think it feels very good, makes you feel accomplished in a really great way and gives you something to smile about too. Being nice, feels nice!

That being said, I know some people don't like being told how to act. I don't want to step on any toes and tell people how to be.. in the same way I don't want people telling me who to be. So I feel conflicted at times, and don't want to speak out.. but I really do hope we all can do our best to be kind to one another.

I wish to acknowledge your efforts...the time it took you, and all the things that you have considered here. And, extra 'points' for looking into how you may do things differently too.

Coming to terms with similarities, and differences of all these people rarely easy, but I believe that it does become quite rewarding!

Just keep doing the best that you can!

If you see a post that upsets you, or a thread, for whatever reason then you're best to report it. Making passive aggressive comments in your blog won't help, but bringing it to staffs attention will. Seriously - ESPECIALLY if you see newbie bashing you need to report the post or the thread, or if you're really struggling then PM a staff member.
    Marka. Thank you for your feed back. I will compliment you for PM me with a concern at one point.

Talula. Thank you for your feedback. I have done this blog because I did not feel that I was being heard. I have filed two reports. I saw that they were looked at, but there was no responce or even a PM saying that the report was recived and information given as to if it is a rule being broke or just an overreaction. I do see "hook ups" being removed, and in the one case I mentioned in the blog it was closed. So now that I have read this I will in the future file a report but also PM a purple name. Again thank you.

I do understand that this is a family, and that we are all different with differing opinions. Unfortunately, IMO, over the past few weeks we are moving towards functional/disfunctional. SO this was my attempt to point it out in a public forum, inorder to start a discussion.

I hope the readers understand my concern and we all move in a direction to bettering communication.

So once again I am rambling and need to shut up (Yet another one of my traits)

Again thank you for the feed back.
    Sad thing is reports can take a while to deal with, and they won't tell you what's going on behind the scenes, but make a big enough stink and the mods do sit up and take notice, hell I've been on both sides of that one. Good luck figuring it out. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.