View RSS Feed

FauxPas

Very Excited!

Rate this Entry
I get to go to my first out of state hockey game, featuring the Detroit Red Wings and the L.A. Kings on April 24'th. I hear awesome things about Joe Louis Arena and how loud it gets. So I bought 2 tickets, lower level row 2, which is actually row 3 because for some weird reason there is a row 0....anywho, I bought the other ticket as a surprise to my Mom who I invited to go with me, I did not disclose the location of the seats beyond "They are not the best" when in actuality they are AWESOME! We sit on the the side where we have the chance to see the Wings score twice. I am also lending my Mom one of my Red Wings jerseys, don't think it would be a good idea for her to wear her Avs jersey.

I spent $250 in total, figure if I'm only going to do this once, might as well make it worth it. We get to fly out for free, the only other things I need to figure out are rental car and a hotel, since the game will end about 11:00 that night. I hear a lot of bad things about Detroit, but feel like it can't be any worse than some of the parts of New York we were in a while back. The Joe is only about a 40 minute drive from the airport and there has to be hotels close to the airport as well.

I'm just so excited for this game, the other Kings/Wings games have been amazing so far, pretty evenly matched, except for the last game, where the refs pretty much handed the Kings the win, so hopefully the refs stay a little more neutral.

I assume we are going to arrive in Detroit early morning or mid afternoon, giving us a few hours to kill before the game. If anyone here has any suggestions that knows the area well, let me know.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's so exciting! I've never gotten to see a game in person at all so I'm totally jealous, but any sort of trip is really neat. I hope you have a blast and everything goes smoothly!
    Hope your Redwings win (I can only say that because they won't be playing the Blackhawks). Original Six rule.

You won't regret spending the money. Guaranteed.

Never been to Joe Louis. There was nothing louder, or quite like the old Chicago Stadium (as long as you weren't behind a post). The United Center comes close.

Doesn't matter. There's nothing quite like the NHL up close and personal.
    If you want a loud arena you would need to come to the MTS Center in Manitoba Canada were the Jets play, also good luck getting tix that place is sold out years in advance.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.