View RSS Feed

Leopard Angst: The Life of a Deft Leppard

A New Venture

Rate this Entry
Well I bought my first paci last night. I picked up a 2 pack of Nuk 3's and gave them a try. When I was at the store, I saw they had a leopard print one, (which i really wanted), but they only came in sizes 1 and 2. I tried the size 3 and so far, I love it! I'l eventually try to order a Nuk 5, but for now, I decided I'd try my hand at Modding. I'm quite crafty, and I'm used to working with plastic items as I build a lot of models. so I picked up a couple of the Leopard Print Nuk 2's (in case I screwed up) and set out to swapping the nipples which was far easier said than done.

The Nuk 2 before modding
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nuk[1].jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	16166

The 2's and the 3's use different style brackets for the ring, and though the nuk 3 nipple was easier to get off, the nuk 2 was a pain trying to get the nipple and ring off without damaging the shield.. and when I tried to get the shield off of the second one without damaging the ring.

Name:	Nuk2[1].jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	16167

The Nuk 2 shield after i finally got the thing apart....

Name:	Nuk2shield[1].jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	16168

And finally, the finished product, ready for super gluing!

Name:	Nuk3custom[1].jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	16169

I learned that nuk 3's are far easier to work with than the Nuk 2's as far as swapping parts. The Nuk 2's are damn near indestructible plastic wise........
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Those are really cute!
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.