View RSS Feed

Leopard Angst: The Life of a Deft Leppard

time to play in the snow!

Rate this Entry
Its that time of year again! My dad and I are heading to Cadillac MI this weekend with our snowmobiles for the North American Snow Festival! The last time we went up there, I entered my 1979 Kawasaki Drifter 440 in the vintage snowmobile show, and placed 1st in my category. But with the lack of snow last year, we couldnt ride around on our other one while we waited all day for the judging. This year they have lots of snow, so it should be a fun trip. Ill be entering the vintage snowmobile show again this year to defend my title....
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've ridden motorcycles, 4-wheeler ATV's, and wave runners. But I've never had an opportunity ride a snowmobile. To me, snowmobiles look like wave runners with skies under them, LOL. I have a SeaDoo XP that is 130HP. That thing will do 70MPH!
    Snowmobiles are a lot of fun. But I don't miss that cold and snowy weather. Have fun!
    My arctic cat zr600 will do 120 mph on 6 inches of snow... My kawasaki tops out at 80 on a good day, which is pretty good for being 34 years old...
    Some of the guys that drag race them on lake cadillac run nitrous and 2 cycle racing alcohol. Theyll do a 9 second quarter mile easy....
    Good thing we got all our snow back after it melted.
    [QUOTE=NyanFloyd;bt28102]My arctic cat zr600 will do 120 mph on 6 inches of snow... .[/QUOTE] Dear god, that'd jerk my shoulders outta socket! The one thing I like about riding waver runners is that if you dump em over you don't get too hurt. You just slide across the surface of the water till you momentum slows and then you just swim. Fasted I've ever been when I dumped over a wave runner was 30MPH. I tried to do too sharp of a turn and fell over off the seat. I can't imagine falling off a snowmobile would feel too good, LOL *cringes*
    It doesnt hurt too bad if theres more than 6 inches of snow and the 4 inches of snowmobile suit helps give you a soft landing. Thats also why we wear helmets. 1: to keep your face from freezing, and 2 so you dont crack your skull if you crash... We like to tow a kids sled behind ours doing about 30. Its pretty easy to fall off if you dont know what youre doing. Ive collided with trees before on the sled because my dad swung a bit too wide on the corner. Its kind of like kneeboarding on snow! My friend has a boat and we go tubing up at the lake. Ive done about 50mph without falling off, and that included a serious game of crack the whip. Id get about 4 feet of air going over the wake, and the only way he could dump me was doing a 360 and jumping the wake
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.