View RSS Feed

My blog...Mine, MINE!!!!

My cloth diaper sewing project is back on track.

Rate this Entry
After taking a bit of time to practice on scraps I am starting my cloth diaper sewing project again. Figuring out the technique of sewing the elastic was the trickiest part, but I think I've got it down now. I used a rotary cutter to cut both pieces of fabric, then used measurements to build the seam allowance. Tomorrow I'll sew in the soaker, then stitch it all up, add the elastic and velcro, and hopefully will have a finished project before the kids get home. If all goes well it should take only a couple of hours...should be plenty of time to make it happen.
Life In Diapers


  1. DaveTDL's Avatar
    And it's pretty much done...I had a problem sewing the velcro on...the sticky back of the velcro gummed up the needle of the sewing machine. So it' not quite yet usable, but I did try it on and it does fit pretty well.

    Here's a pic of the finished product. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.