View RSS Feed

Shooting Ourselves in the Foot?

Rate this Entry

Quote Originally Posted by CutePrincess View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dprpantsnpypants View Post
Well, that's a good question/observation. I think more public awareness of the ab/dl scene will not really help us that much and as you say, it can only really make buying diapers more stressful. Also, public awareness will most likely come through increased media interest in us and the media tends to look more towards the negative side of things. For example, say a young person got caught stealing diapers from a store - now stealing is wrong, we all know that, but this story would be a lot more interesting if the kid had a diaper fetish. I think the media would latch onto this and turn what is basically a 'non story' into something a lot more sensational that ultimately portrays us as a threat. It took decades for society to stop considering homosexuals as a threat (well, I'm sure we're still not really there) so I think the same will be true of AB/DL - right now, we can enjoy relative anonymity but in my mind, more public awareness will lead to more problems for us. But maybe I am being too negative?
There is still hate crimes with homosexuality. That was one of the things my mom said about being transgender "If someone sees you in a dress you are likely to get shot."

So there is still long way to go.

As far as the stealing thing, if it was put in the right light and get the message of "If DL was more accepted then he would not have to steal them in fear of being made fun of" then maybe a positive message can come from it.
My own post made me think. Is this the reason I still feel social pressure? I keep saying my Mom is somewhat accepting but somewhat not. Is the reason she canít be fully accepted of me because she fears what the outside world would do to me?

Why is it so hard for people to be more open minded? Being more accepting of others? After all can you say that is the first step to world peace?

"Why is it so hard for people to be more open minded? Being more accepting of others? After all can you say that is the first step to world peace?"

I'm with you all the way on that one, however it is so very unlikely to ever happen, since it's human nature to shun all who aren't normal (what's normal anyways? I have no idea) The only thing I can do is be open minded myself, and encourage others to think the same way. If all of us open minded people did that together, eventually our dream of a open minded society might come true someday - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.