View RSS Feed

FauxPas

Why I love my job

Rate this Entry
The pay may be low, but I get some of coolest shit hands down from working at the movie theater. We have no use for bus shelter posters at my job they are about 6 ft. tall and 4 ft. wide. They sit in the closet until they get thrown away. I grabbed this one before anyone else could. Star Trek Into Darkness!

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is pretty cool. Do you have a rather crazy collection of promotional stuff? I probably would! I assume they just toss that stuff in the garbage when a movie's finished its run. Or are there a lot of back-alley, under-the-table sales to collectors?
    I really want to see this movie! However, I am worried that it will be too much of a generic action movie, and not enough like what Star Trek is supposed to be. I do think it'll actually turn out okay, but I can't help worrying a little bit.
    I guess you could call that one of the fringe's of the job. Having first pick which would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail
    That is pretty cool. Do you have a rather crazy collection of promotional stuff? I probably would! I assume they just toss that stuff in the garbage when a movie's finished its run. Or are there a lot of back-alley, under-the-table sales to collectors?
    The craziest thing I have is an 8 foot bop bag from the three stooges movie. I'm not sure if anyone has gone under the table, they tell us if we sell it we could lose our jobs. So for now I play the waiting game : )
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.