View RSS Feed

wow...... way to make my family look dysfunctional

Rate this Entry
Ok so I must say I'm a little offended. I've been noticing a trended around topics of "coming out to parents" of a sort of role reversal in order to prove that telling parents isn't really a good idea or necessary.

i.e. "how would you feel if your parents told you they were into (insert paraphelia)."

That makes it sound as if telling your kids something like that makes you a bad parent.

In my personal experience my own parents have many kinks of there own and were generally quite open about it once I had reached the age of 14.

So it sounds as though what is being said is that I had bad parents right? I just don't think that's the case. my mom is the open one of the two and I love her the most out of anyone in my family. So it really offends me that it seems to be implied that her openness was a wrongdoing on her part.

I think it's more like, if your mother came to and said 'Hey, kitsunekata, did you know that your father and I like to vomit on each other in the bedroom?', that would be CREEPY. Your parents sex life has nothing to do with you, just like your sexual fetishes have nothing to do with them.
    Many kids are squeamish (overly, in my opinion) about any whiff of sex between their parents. The scenario you reference is simply an attempt to get those who might wish to tell to see that it's not just about them and their feelings but about others as well. You can certainly be offended all you want but I don't think there's any real reason to react that way in your case. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.