View RSS Feed

My blog...Mine, MINE!!!!

So far, I like cloth!!!

Rate this Entry
My first two nights in cloth diapers were a success. I had no leaks, even while lying on my side. They are a bit bulky and that took a little getting used to, but the absorbency is better than I expected. I used the velcro with the AIO as a cover. I have yet to try the velcro with the PUL pants only, and I'm sure the capacity will be much less. But I'm now a believer in cloth. I will have to get more.
Categories
Life In Diapers

Comments

Glad you're having fun with 'em! And yeah, I'll bet that wearing the Velcro diaper under the AIO is very bulky! I hope you're able to find a washing/drying routine that works well for those PVC-covered AIOs. If not, a PUL pant over the Velcro diapers should be a breeze.

I need to try some PUL pants. My vinyl ones are getting very tired.
    The PULs are nice. I think I got one size too small however...they fit pretty snug over disposables. It will be interesting to see how they fit over the cloth velcros. I'm probably going to do that tonight. I tried just the AIO last night. It worked okay, but it's not as snug as the velcro or disposables, so I had a very minor leak. Perhaps they just need a couple more wash cycles to be fully absorbent. But I do like the experience so far...the cloth feels SO much nicer on the skin.

I'll let you know about the velcro/PUL combination.
    The cloth velcro/PUL combination worked okay...my PULs are indeed a size too small...the back is 'peeking' out. Guess I'll have to get a bigger pair, or sew one when we get the machine. I'm also going to order another cloth velcro...I really like them. Very soft, fairly absorbent, and I can use a prefold or towel inside for more absorbency.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.