View RSS Feed

Back from RMFC

Rate this Entry
I have officially arrived home from RMFC and might I say what a freaking amazing weekend it was. The con this year had a total of 863 people and 200 suiters, I believe last year was like 500 people and 100 suiters (I know the suit number is correct, but unsure of total)

I spent almost the entire weekend in fursuit going to both sets of fursuit games, the fursuit dance competition, fursuit parade, and a improv type event. I even took a short trip outdoors in the 90 degree heat over to Arby's to grab some food. The only time I was really out of suit was when I was sleeping or in the hot tub. Didn't go to the dances at all, not much for techno or dubstep. Really wish one year they would do some real music.

I met quite a few people here from adisc and saw lots of old friends from other cons and made plenty of new friends as well as embarrassed myself at the fursuit dance competition, which was well worth it to get a fursuit tag, of which I am a little peeved that they didn't hand them out in a somewhat chronological order as I got #72 while the person next to me got #10. Fursuit tag #69 got auctioned off for charity for $69. I bought a few pieces of art from the dealers den and a comic book called "Norguard Across Thin Ice" which is amazing.

After the con was over a bunch of people went down to the hot tub, it was getting rather full and the water level was quite high, so I threw out the suggestion that we should do what we did at Further Confusion and see if we could get it to overflow. Turns out that it was not too hard to do, but we managed to get almost 50 people into the hot tub. Every time a new person would come out everyone cheered. Once everyone was out at least 1/4 of the water was gone from the tub. All 40 people then proceeded to go jump in the pool, right after they did, not 10 seconds later hotel management came bursting in. He looked at all the people in the pool, then outside at the hot tub, then back at the pool. Turns out the hotel got 25+ noise complaint calls, and he couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. I slipped out unnoticed before he got a chance to kick me out

From what my roommate told me though, he was impressed we fit so many people into the hot tub, didn't kick anyone out, just told us to keep it down.

Best con so far and I look forward to next year!

I totally forgot the most INTERESTING thing that happened during the weekend of RMFC. But one night I was checking facebook and I get a message from my Mom, the conversation goes a little something like this... Mom: What hotel are you in? Me: The Double Tree Hilton, why? Mom: The one near Stapleton Airport? Me: Yeah?....why?.... Mom: I'm going to be there tomorrow night!

As some of you may or may not know my Mom is a flight attendant, so she happened to be flying into Denver and staying at the same Hotel that con was going on in. Complete shock to me, but I thought it was awesome. Met her down in the lobby in suit, then so she didn't have to rent a car, she was going to take mine. I was walking her out to the parking lot and the hotel staff stops her and asks "are you all right?" As if I was abducting her or something..... - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.