View RSS Feed

downtide

Once in a lifetime

Rate this Entry
I got up early on Sunday morning to watch the Olympic Torch relay which passed by about 2 miles from where I live. It was a bit of an anticlimax really, but I'm glad I saw it. The last time this happened, my grandparents were the age I am now, and it will never happen again in my lifetime.

A friend of mine says, about events like this, it's all about being there.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Ok, so did you get pictures, spray them down with a bud, give them a cheer...... anything like that.....?
    I cheered and I got one photo but then realised I have no SD card in my phone so I couldn't save it.
    Lol..... that's whats wrong with guys..... can't remember anything unless it's got to do with s_x...... (smile)
    Glad you went. I would have, for just the same reason.

Backstory - A guy I know from my running endeavors has one of the torches from '96. I guess they have a torch for each leg of the relay and pass the flame, rather than the torch itself. Don't recall how or why he ended up in the relay, but he said there's no way in the world he'd ever sell or otherwise let go of that torch........
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.