View RSS Feed

Tales of a DLing College Student

Holy shit, The Last Airbender SUCKS!

Rate this Entry
This is gonna be short, I'm tired and its late. Today, after our class was interrupted by rain, I sat down to watch "The Last Airbender." HOLY SHIT! This movie sucks so much ass! Did NOONE from the original staff offer direct advice to M. Night Shama-likestoruinyourfavoriteshows? I've never seen a case where an adaptation made such an incredible mockery of incredibly abundant and well thought out source material!

I was laughing at the mistakes, inaccuracies and character-assassinations for the first 45 minutes, but that shit got old really fast. It was more frustration as the movie went on after that. Then the Northern Water Tribe siege began; I was NOT fucking laughing anymore. So much wrong happened in those last 30 minutes that I fear it will be the stuff of nightmares for me tonight.

I would recount every poorly translated fragment of that mess I saw, but I fear I would be up all night and still not reach the end of writing about it. The worst part was that I knew I was in for an awful movie, and I couldn't even enjoy it based on HOW BAD it actually turned out to be. I want to invent a machine that will let me steal time from someone else so that I can get my two hours back from every person involved in this shitstorm.

Anyway, I'll be back to tales of my life tomorrow. It does look like I'll be going into diapers 24/7 this year; I've gotten a large amount of wonderful feedback from you guys and would like to repay you by writing up an account of my experience and a guide on how to do it, once my experiment is concluded.

-Joey
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I saw that crap in the theatre and immediately regretted it.
    I saw it with a rifftrax and laughed the crap out of me. I then mailed said crap to M. Night.
    As a random movie, it would've been good, but it was a ridiculous portrayal. I also made the mistake of seeing it in the theatre.
    I saw it in the theatre too, 2 times actually, one in 3d and one in 2d (and as usual I liked the 2d better), when it got out a couple of years ago, and I liked it. I have the original cartoon series as well but still haven't got around to watch it, anyway it's not like who made the movie had necessarily to stick to the original story... as far as I remember it's not exactly a short series so I can understand that adapting the story to a movie can result in many modifications being required.

And, you have my respect for the 24/7 thing, I'll be keeping an eye on your experiment ^^
    I would respect them if the modifications they made to the story were acceptable changes in the interest of condensing a season of a very long series. However, the modifications they made came off like no one involved in the creation of the movie had actually seen the show before. They got nothing right! Worse, they failed to follow even the most basic rules set by the original series. The movie even breaks from its own rules occasionally (rules made specifically for the movie that did not appear in the show. For example, the movie firebenders need a source of flame to use their abilities, while spontaneous pyromancy is a key element of the show's firebenders.) The whole movie comes off as a sloppy mess written by someone who had nothing but a second-hand account to base their script on. In short, the changes they made were mostly not conducive to condensing the story into a two hour movie.

As for the padded 24/7 deal, I won't be starting until probably early to mid September; can't exactly do it at home. I seriously can't wait to start school now, though. I hope this turns out to be an interesting, if not pleasant experiment. I intend to write a full guide to help those who follow after me. Part of the reason I started this blog was so I would have an established reader base prior to starting my daily accounts of going 24/7.
    Hated the movie, but I got a movie poster from it and it's pretty kick ass.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.