View RSS Feed

My blog...Mine, MINE!!!!

Can't get the cloudy out of my pool.

Rate this Entry
I've got a 15 foot pool in my backyard....we refer to it as "our big chemistry experiment out back." Last year we fought algae until we discovered the phosphates were too high. Nipped that one in the bud right off the bat this year, but I've been having problems with cloudy water despite using clarifier and keeping the filter cartridge clean. The Ph may be too high...I added some Ph minus today and I'll see what that does tomorrow. Other than the cloudy water it's been great, it just doesn't look so nice. Hopefully I'll get it cleared out. It's so nice though not to be fighting algae....once you get it, it's difficult to totally get rid of it.
Categories
Life in General

Comments

I remember doing battle with that when we had a hot tub at our last house. It was a pain! Even when all the chemistry appeared right, the bromine level was right, etc., the water would be cloudy and very uninviting. I began dumping water more regularly, and while that fixed the cloudiness, it meant that the pH and other parameters were never really stabilizing and were requiring even more work. Ugh. My wife semi-regularly grumbles about how she wishes we still had a hot tub, and I've *almost* caved and purchased one on several occasions. But man! I'm not looking forward to the "chemistry experiment" at all!
    Yeah, it's a struggle sometimes. Once I get it right it's beautiful. I should have remembered the Ph problem from last year...after I got it down to 7.2 the water stayed clear the rest of the summer. It's starting to clear out now, but the Ph is still a bit high. I dumped more Ph minus in it, and it should be good in a couple of days. The cloudy water and Ph are the only problems I've had this year so far....looking forward to clear water.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.