View RSS Feed

Caught at work :(

Rate this Entry
I work in a small office in a building that also functions as a school. No one knew I had incontinence and I certainly wasn't going to risk it by changing in the bathrooms.

I changed in a stairwell in an unused section of the building. It is undeveloped so no one goes there.... except yesterday they were checking the alarms so the janitor found my diaperbag and three used diapers. I usually throw them away when I can get back into that area of the building unnoticed. So the building manager comes to me and asks about it. There is no way to lie and say I know nothing about it, so I pull him into the hallway and tell him I am urinary incontinent and why I chose to change there. He understood and admitted to having had prostrate cancer. He said his IC is nowhere near as bad as mine, but he knows one day it might be because of the surgery. Thank God there is no more cancer for him. He agreed to keep it between us, but nevertheless I feel so much anxiety. I don't want him to tell my boss or anyone else... I know I should trust him, but I still feel so shaken by the whole ordeal... I work with kids and in a very public setting. While not earth shattering, it certainly is an embarrassing fact about me that I don't want others to know.

Hi, irataliw. Since the building manager himself has a mild IC problem, I think you can trust him to be discrete and professional about the matter. Try not to let it bother you. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.