View RSS Feed

Kinky Kapers of Kaworu!

More time in the psych ward

Rate this Entry
I spent 8 nights in a psychiatric hospital. I got released one week ago to the day.

I guess I can count my blessings that I ended up there, as I was extremely unstable the night I ended up there. My friend kinda coerced me into going to the E.R., and after eight hours there, I took an hour-long ambulance ride to the closest psych ward the social worker in the E.R. could find. Pity it had to be at the exact same hospital that I spent my 10th birthday in. I guess I am grateful that mental health treatment is considerably less barbaric now than it was 23 years ago.

I will be hanging around here somewhat regularly. My therapist does not want the Internet to consume my life the way that it used to, but he does not want me to burn any solid bridge that I have built in the process, so I got his OK to keep coming back here. If I spend several hours here in a row every day, then he might tell me to back off, but I think I can moderate just fine now that I have a solid RL support system now. I didn't expect anybody to visit me when I was hospitalized, but I got visitors from AA pretty much every day I was in there. I am very grateful for that, and I guess that means it'll be my turn to visit when one of my AA brothers end up in a hospital for any reason.

I thought I would give this update. I have been purposely avoiding the Internet in general over the last few months, but now I realizing burning bridges in the process is a very bad idea for me. So, I am back, somewhat, but with the blessings of my therapist.

Thanks to my many friends here who have supported me over the years. I wish that one day I can be one of those supportive members when somebody here is in emotional need.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Best of luck with this, Kaworu!!
    You need a support group and this fulfills something we ABDL's inherently need.

Be well.
    We're psychward buddies now. Although I've only been once for a 72 hour watch almost two years ago, I was surprised to find that as you put it, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was only the top floor of the hospital so it probably wasn't the VIP treatment I would have gotten in a place like bellvue. But I had the run of the refrigerator and they didn't force medicate me, so bonus.

In anycase, I'm glad you were able to get help. I don't know you all that well but if you're still here posting then the alternative could have been so much worse.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.