View RSS Feed

Ronbeast

Might be getting my first car soon.

Rate this Entry
I've been wanting a car for a few years now, but never really had the means to get one. I've been driving my parents' car since I was 16, and now that I have been working for a few months I might have the means to afford a cheap starter car (With the help of my parents on a bit of the cost).

I figure it's about time I get around to getting my own vehicle. I feel bad that I've put so much mileage on their new vehicles and the fact that I often take them for extended periods of time. Of course, I'm still going to be getting a cheap vehicle and something that is relatively old (2005). But, it will be mine and that is what really excites me.

The funny thing about getting a car is the fact that my insurance will cost about as much as the car. I have around $2000- $3000 for this vehicle and that is what my insurance is for 1 year. I'm not even a bad driver. I've been driving on my own for two years now with not even a scratch on the vehicles, I've never even gotten a ticket for anything. It's pretty crazy that my insurance rate is that high.. I feel bad for less fortunate persons who can't afford to drive in this viscious cycle. * Can't afford to drive because insurance costs too much, insurance costs too much because I don't have driving experience*. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

I won't really be going on any long road trips or anything, but it will be nice to have a car of my own. It will remain clean too, due to the fact that dad has it burned into my brain that a car should never be dirty (inside or out). Well, that's all for now. When my parents get back from their vacation we will see what is out there on the used market. I can't wait!

-Ron
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds good I myself would like to start looking at vehicles. But, No money equates to no car :P Good luck in finding a good deal
    I don't even have my license yet, and I have a car. >_> I need to do a few repairs on it before it can pass inspection, and it's a bit older then your car I think it's somewhere between 99 and 03. So don't say YOURS is old by any means! xD

No, seriously, 2005 isn't old. Vehicles, unlike computers, don't change too too much in just a few years. Hell, personally I like the 2007 mustangs better then the 2011 ones!
    Updated 22-Apr-2012 at 17:57 by Varys (Damn touchscreen.)
    I know that the term "old" doesn't really exist for people on this site (Har har..) , but I don't want a vehicle that is dated. In different places, age means different things for vehicles. In NL , age means rust spots and unreliability. The weather here is crazy and if you purchase a car that hasn't been stored in a garage for more than a few years and hasn't been taken care of, you can be sure that when you sit in it you will probably be able to put your feet down through the rust holes in the floor. It would be alright if I could find a low Km older vehicle here, but most older vehicles tend to be the ones that young people around here buy and then run to the ground before they try and pass it on to the next schmuck in line.

I want something that I can drive while I finish going to school, then when I start working I can buy something more reliable.

-Ron
    Insurance is the reason I haven't bothered to take my test yet. Been doing lessons for 3 years (albeit only over school holidays, mostly due to uni), I could go pass my test but with insurance for me being 1500 a month if I were on my mum's car and the impossibility of me being able to afford my own car for many years I don't see much point besides it's not like I don't know how to drive and it'snot like I'm a bad driver but with everything so god damn expensive I just can't be bothered to take my test. Maybe by the end of this summer I'll take it though.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.