View RSS Feed

Work blah blah, infection blah blah, Life choices blah blah.

Rate this Entry
Alrighty then, I guess I'll start with the least important thing on my mind. I have an infection, I'm unable to tell if it is an ear infection or a throat infection. I don't really care, but it would be nice to know either way. I won't be able to see a doctor for a longggg time (Perhaps a week?). So, whatever. I can deal with this.

Second thing on the list: I have to get a layoff from work in the next week or so. I'm going back to school, and I can't be employed here in my home town if I have almost 10 hours of classes a day with this school. What makes matters worse is the fact that I want to draw unemployment whilst going to school, but unless I get a layoff I cannot do that...

Third thing on my list: Do I really want to continue down the road as an engineer? On one hand, I'd be making a killing in my own province. I know people who are working as engineers in the same field I am pursuing that are making $200,000 or more in the run of a year. There is a lot of work coming up too, and I'm actually painting the structures that are being used in this mega project.

On the other hand: I thought I liked engineering, but now it just seems like the idea of money has run rampant with my thoughts. When I think about things, money is usually involved. Engineering would defnitely bring in the cash, but I love music and it would make me happier in the long run. I've considered doing some sound engineering courses and possibly doing that as a career choice. The problem with that is, there isn't as much money or work as a sound engineer in my province... my girlfriend has asked me why I don't do something with music, when it is something that really speaks to me. Honestly, I don't know why I didn't choose it as a career.

So: that's my dilemma. On one side, I have money and a stable job. I could afford to buy almost everything I've ever dreamed of buying. On the other side of the coin, I'd be happy with the work I'd be doing and I could be getting paid to do the things I love. Decisions, decisions...

Comments - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.