View RSS Feed

Dave

Masks

Rate this Entry
I have been wearing a mask to perpetuate the persona that people in my area believe is the real me. I feel like the mask is becoming like the mask in the Goosebumps book and it is getting stuck to me. I want to be able to be my self in college because no one there knows me or expects me to act that way that I am currently expected to act, but this mask is getting harder and harder to get out of. I hate this person that is supposed to be me I feel like two people stuck in one body. However one side is something that I don't want to be at all, I just used those mannerisms so that people wouldn't bother me or cause drama. I got myself into a strange place and the only solution is college in less than 5 days
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

[COLOR="Green"]Look. I used to do this. I mean... Like all the time. And... Well needless to say it's bad to do this, because you sometimes become what that mask is. And when you do, after a while you feel like... Damn why did I say/do that!?! It's hard to take these masks off... It really is, but the best thing to do is do things little by little. Take it off slowly. And... being with friends helps a lot. I hhung out with the "in" crowd less often and started hanging out with the people I liked more. And well... Soon I just stopped hanging out with the football players, cheerleaders, dancers and started hanging out with my own friends "click" and... I like it so much more. And then, I eventually completely took my mask off. I am who I want to be now. And... I just gotta say, It helps when you are with who you see as a friend. It's much easier. [/COLOR]
    Me personally, i used to hang out with the cool group a lot, I pretty much was bitch slapped everyday, they thought of gays as horrible people (this was back when I didn't exactly know i was gay, but I was starting to think I might be) and they really messed me up. I finally just said **** it, and went over to the "weirdo" group, I fell in love with them the instant I met them, and I started to act more like me, I became a bit more feminine, not enough to make people think I was gay though. I loved them all, and would do anything for them (except Michelle, she got her GF to punch me in the face because apparently I said I was going to rape her O.o).

It was hard really being myself, and if I were you, I would do what Blake said, go hang with the people you actually like, you find that it's not as hard to change as you thought it was.
    Yeah I think due to current events I am going full out the reverse of the way I was heading.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.