View RSS Feed

My fault.

Rate this Entry
Well, today I had an interesting little episode whilst going round a roundabout in my car. I back end of the car just lost grip and I somehow managed to keep the car under control and not crash into anyone else near me. Turns out one of the tyres at the rear was severely under pressured.

Now before I left, I did a quick visual check and all of the tyres looked ok. I check them at least once a week just to be safe. Now I had my mum, brother and dad in the car as well and I can only presume that the tyre just deflated rapidly when they got in. My dad gave me an absolute bollocking, saying how I nearly got us all killed and that its all my fault. Then he said it was my mums fault as she's the one that uses the car more than i do for work.

He's given me the silent treatment since then and I'm not in the mood to be treated like a little kid. I love my dad to bits, but sometimes he can be a real jerk.

I checked the pressures on Monday so he can't complain too much that I don't take attention to my own car. It's always either my mums fault or mine, never his.

Things like this can happen anytime, you've been good enough for keeping the car under control and avoiding an accident. Accusing you was wrong, and next time you're around with your dad you might as well let him drive, so he won't be in the position to complain. That's the policy I adopted with my dad until not long ago: I've been driving for more than 10 years, but he only recently got out of that nasty habit of always complaining.

If the pressures were good a few days ago, I'd say the deflated tyre needs to be checked. Might just be the valve that needs to be replaced, or maybe you got a nail stuck into it which makes it slowly deflate. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.