View RSS Feed

DrunknFox

Rate this Entry
With an increase of knowledge in video, and an interest in Nirvana, I have been really wanting to find some home video from around 1994 (or before). Anyways, to save some time, I found a few VHS-C tapes at my Grandmother's house a few weeks ago.

Skip to a few days ago, I finally ask her about the tapes, and I told her I could convert them to a DVD, which is something I would like to see, and something she would appreciate. It took a few days before I could find time to dig up my dad's old VHS-C camcorder, a few cables for my camera, and time to actually import the video.

Within a few minutes of tweaking the camera for AV->DV output, I was able to import the footage from the VHS-C tapes via a long schematic of cables and cameras. Anyways, much to my dismay, I stumbled upon an old Yoga video my grandma tapes in 2004. Being the kind person I am, I imported it anyways to make a DVD for her.

After about 40 minutes of tape going by, the video switched to something else. It was me! Me, my brother, and an old friend of whom I haven't had over at my house in near 8 years. I watched us make the dumbest video, mostly because they were just playing with plastic swords and imagination.

The video continued, and I got to see my house and backyard what it looked like almost 10 years ago. Now in the present, my backyard is empty; dry and dead. Death by Great Danes. So seeing my lawn in a perfect condition was almost a miracle. The video continues for 15+ minutes before a weird mixture of funny and ghastly come along.

The video ends with my friend running up the stairs and laying on the ground, then my dad comes out and says "Hey, can you guys go outside and play?" followed by my brother's pre-puberty scream of "OKAY!" and it cuts to static.

There isn't any video after that, which wouldn't freak me out, if I hadn't noticed the first few seconds of static. When I play it back, you can hear my dad and brother talking. It's almost like a repeat of the last few seconds of video. I don't know why that scares me, but it's just terrifying. I mean, it's either the tape had a separate track, or some kind of echo, but it just scares the hell out of me.

Here's the actual video (of static), with the audio cranked up. You can clearly hear voices.

Just thought I'd get that out of my head. Oh god, it's so weird. I mean, it also brings up another theory: what if the camera kept recording after I stopped actually recording. Like what if the tape ran for a few more seconds after wards, and picked up more of the conversation. Wow, that is strange
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Death by Great Danes, eh? My Danes haven't been the ones who killed our backyard--it was the smaller Catahoula Leopard Hound we have that is spastic and overloaded with energy.

The Danes have been mellow and mildly playful, especially in contrast to this smaller (80lb) dog.
    [QUOTE=AnalogRTO;bt23949]Death by Great Danes, eh? My Danes haven't been the ones who killed our backyard--it was the smaller Catahoula Leopard Hound we have that is spastic and overloaded with energy.

The Danes have been mellow and mildly playful, especially in contrast to this smaller (80lb) dog.[/QUOTE]

Well it was more like a death by digging and chewing on the sprinkler lines, then a sad slow death by drought.
    the video isnt working...

maybe it scared youtube also!
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.