View RSS Feed

The life and mind of Takashi Morinosuka

To the Fam (18+)

Rate this Entry
Here I sit looking back on where we’ve been and what we’ve done. We’ve been at this ever since I was 14 and Lawrence was 18. Trying to find out where we fit. At 18 I teamed with Lawrence and we didn’t know what we wanted to do. I just wanted to help Lawrence on his journey to being on the radio. We did that for about a year and then we got a little more serious. I set out to educate people on what was going on. I wanted just like the line says Exploit the Ignorance of Humanity. I hate what America has come to. We’ve gone from a country that was meant for all people no matter skin color or where you’re from you have rights. Now look at us; a bill was just passes saying that if the government thinks you’re a terrorist you can be detained without a trial. So much for the 4th amendment. When we are young our parents say that you can be whatever you want to be. The problem is that now as a tagline to it parents just don’t have the heart to say to their kids. “You can be president, if you have enough money.” Now I relies that you need money for a campaign but when the fuck did you need to be a millionaire to be the voice of the people? When did I have to make millions to make sure that our freedoms, the very principles of this nation were upheld? It’d no longer who has the best ideas; it’s who has the most money.

When Lawrence and I started this in 2009 we didn’t set out to be famous we did it to have fun and if you liked what we were doing great welcome to the fam if not then fuck off. That is what I feel right now. On Tuesday, January 17, 2012 something happened that we wanted from the start. I wanted to see if we were good enough in the eyes of Bubba “The Love Sponge” Clem and what did he think? He thought it sucked and called me an asshole. Well takes one to know one fat ass since you were one the people we idolized to get this going. I know realize that I never needed he’s approval. We have people who like what we do and to those people I say thank you and to the Bubba the love sponges of the world fuck you. I would like to thank Violent J of Insane Clown Posse for helping me realize that.

Lawrence and I are like ICP in many ways. When they started they just wanted to have fun and sell records if you liked what they did then great and if you don’t then you could eat a dick. On the date that their first album Carnival of Carnage dropped it sold 17 copies. When we started we barely had anybody listening to us. They kept at it and now look at where they are. I’m not saying that we’ll ever be that successful but we are getting a following now and it only took 2 years. Who knows tomorrow we could be famous with the facebook page blowing up and we could make all kinds of money. Then again tomorrow I wake up and nothing changed and that’s just fine. We could never strike it famous but at the end of the day we had fun and that’s what it’s all about. I will keep doing this until I stop having fun. That could be 2 weeks from now that could be 2 years from now but right now I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing and if your down then welcome and if you’re not fuck you we don’t need you there’s plenty of people that do like what I do.

Thank you

-Takashi
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've been in the entertainment business for a while, and I'll tell you that not many people make it through with the "If you don't like, then fuck you" attitude. Sure, you can keep your integrity and have everything your way with that outlook, but why would anyone want to spend countless hours, money, and put their career on the line for someone who is just going to say "fuck you!" like an angry thirteen year old when they are just trying to help further both of your careers? I know lot's of people are going for that "badass" attitude, but trust me.. that "badass" attitude is most likely put-on in most cases. With that being said, you want to hold on to what you believe is right, but it all comes down to compromise. I always used to say to myself "Why do I think i know everything? If I did, I would be king of the world already." For people to work with you, you have to work with them. I'm sure ICP even made a few deals that they had to come to a compromise with. Even Iggy pop had to jump on Clive Davis's desk and sing "My Valentine" or something stupid like that.

People that get denied and really the mainstream outlook on the entertainment business is "Oh, they only got somewhere because of money. We need to just get in front of the right people and they will do everything. Oh, the artist is just singing someone else's writing." I couldn't believe it myself, but that is all bullshit. Even American Idol contestants and winners that have to do ZERO work and have the exposure of millions of viewers and support flop. Only a few American idol people have had any real success. When it comes down to it, you could be labeled with top priority, have the best booking agent with their prime attention, a well equipped manager at your command, publicists, a well established radio/placement career intact, a successful career and reputation, and a world of screaming fans, and people will STILL deny you if you are trying to put out something that they don't like/or if you are just plain. If you are going to do music seriously, then you can't treat it like its still just for fun. It's a serious cutthroat/dog-eat-dog world out there where everyone is your best friend until you put out that one song that isn't digested well by the extremely fickle audience of planet Earth. You have to be willing to get over yourself, make comprises, and realize that the "fuck you if you don't like it" was 70's punk and 90's grunge.. not 2012. In the end it is ALL up to the artist to make something great or all of the business people won't touch you, even if they ARE signed and bound to you. They need to see its worth their time and even if you prove it once, you'll have to prove it again in the next go around.

Take everyones criticism with a well balance of "I believe in myself" and "I see what you are saying" and go back to the drawing board. It's tedious, but thats why they call it work. You aren't making music to please yourself, you are making music to please the label reps and the audience in the beginning. YOU might think its great, but you thinking its great and I small following wont put your kid through college. And if you can't take criticism.. you are in the WRONG business dude. I've had friends pulled in the head of the label's office to be told they are getting dropped because they are "ugly".

Good luck and I hope you don't tell me to go fuck myself too, because i understand what you're going through. I hope everything works out!
    The music business is much like sports. You better be doing what you do because you really love it, because only a miniscule percentage make any money at it.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.