View RSS Feed

Catinthehat

My Abena M3's!

Rate this Entry
I have to say, I'm a bit up in the air as to whether or not I like them...

Pros: ULTRA absorbant.
Very soft when dry, very squishy when wet.
Two tries with taping

Cons: Hard to tape on 100% correct. (this may just be my newbishness coming out) My first diaper was wrong all over, my second was a bit better, but I have a feeling the mediums are too small for me? O_o The sides barely overlap..
VERY Crinkly...not good for a quiet house.
Once wet, the gel seems to break free from the plasitc and relocates itself...?

If anyone has any comments/similar experience, please let me know.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The gel, yes. I've had that problem recently with the M3's I got.
    Crinkly, I love it...then again, I have to blast my TV and I always have a blanket wrapped tightly around me which helps muffle it more.
    The tapes I didn't have a problem with, but I've been taping on diapers since I was 11, so it might just be your "noobishness" :P
    I've always had good experiences with Abenas. I have been wearing L4, but recently started with M4. I've never had a problem with the tapes, and at first I did get them taped on a bit wonky. Now I can diaper myself almost perfectly every time. Never had a problem with the gel. I usually wet several times, at least one heavy, and almost never have a leak. Getting the right size is important. Maybe you can get a sample pack of large and see if that is better for you. I had problems with the L4...they were too big for me, but the M4s are just right.

Welcome, and good luck to you.
    It'll surely take some time to get used to taping on diapers. Some noobishness is guaranteed! (But that's just part of the fun.)

As for Medium versus Large: Do you find that they ride a little low maybe? I haven't tried adult disposables, but I've looked at the measurements (of, e.g., Depends) and concluded that I would need a Large, even though the Medium appears to fit my waist size (38"). The reason is that the rise on the Mediums isn't enough to put the tapes at my waist, but rather just below, so I'd be taping around my butt/hips a little too much. D'oh! Basically, I'm right between sizes.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.