View RSS Feed

whitefox

Changes

Rate this Entry
My goodness, have things changed around here... I leave for three years, and now there are tons of people all over ADISC! At the moment, it's waaaay early where I live, and there are 27 people currently viewing the Adult Baby forum, 26 in the Teen Baby, and 71 in the Diaper Talk! I think 71 people just on the forum at the same time used to be a record. That's amazing.

That all said, everything has lost a bit of the tight-knitness that used to be really prevalent. I don't mean to say that it's impersonal nowadays, but with the huge influx of people, well, it's much different. But I suppose change is one of the most natural things on the planet....

I was just reflecting on that, the past few months or so that I've been active around here, after my departure. I've still been a TB/DL the whole time; that never left. I have done a ton of growing up. Looking at some of my old posts, and comparing them to the way I write now, there is a huge difference. I can see how I've changed as a person as well. It's embarrassing sometimes to see one's humble roots, but it really helps you to appreciate where one currently is. I'm really feeling that right now, and here's to that continued improvement. (:
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I wasn't around this site when you were around previously, but I do agree that this site does seem a bit impersonal. Sure, there are some great people to talk to and there are plenty of great discussions; but it seems as though there are just as many people who join and then fall off the edge of the planet, never to be heard of again. Also, It seem like even though there are groups here, the traffic for certain groups is very low. I guess that is just the way things are.

Also, welcome back to the forum. I think you'll adjust to it pretty quickly (If you haven't already, that is).

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy
    In regards to the (sub-)community moving away, that is rather unfortunate. I've never much been into the IRC, and I won't have to opportunity to go to a meet for some time. It's not that it seems difficult to 'break into' this group, it's just... well, a lot different from the relative closeness of the past. Your Facebook analogy sums it up quite elegantly.

As far as the noob posts go, I suppose that's to be expected as the community grows. It would be nice if everyone used the search feature, and that problem just solved itself, but when has that ever happened? This shift in culture that you describe also seems to be towards a negative direction. Everything you've mentioned there, I've noticed myself, and I would agree that most of it doesn't make for a lot of quality. I don't see any problem with the unusual fetishes thing; I'm pretty sure that has come up before any way - I know one thread quite recently dealt specifically with fetishes, all though that was in the mature section.

The difference between Facebook and ADISC is mainly that I don't have to actively search for the interesting posts on Facebook - I don't have to friend anyone I don't like (and can hide boring posts). But still, I understand what you are saying, and hopefully will develop this skill. It's nice to know that (mostly) everything is still here. As for Farmville, I have no clue. xD I've never played any Facebook games, and don't plan to start any time soon.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.