View RSS Feed

Transmissions From Within A Cloud Of Absinthe

So this is christmas, and what have you done?

Rate this Entry
Another christmas has come and gone, another fun-filled celebration of mindless consumerism with a dash of christian overtones. Thank god it's over. What was supposed to be just another Sunday was turned into my least favourite day of the year. Why? Because christmas doesn't just happen, there is no magical fat man that makes everything come out just right, no glowing angels singing hymns and creating goodwill toward our fellows, and certainly no help from lazy co-workers who just want to sit on the sofa and drink all my coffee. Some of us get tasked with the job of making christmas happen, and as those of you who do this know, there is no thanks for all of our hard work. At the end of the day, rather than getting to snuggle with our significant other and a bottle of wine, we get to clean pots and pans, mop the floor, and get scolded for having dinner on the table 45 minutes later than was expected. On what is supposed to be a beautiful celebration of peace and goodwill, greed and selfishness take hold. So, to all of the people who spend their holidays making the magic happen, all the parents and caregivers of the world, the Mother who spent all day in the kitchen, the Father that drove 90 minutes to the only open store for batteries, the Nurses who get up early and go to work to give others a happy christmas, to all of you who do all of the work and get none of the thanks, who sacrifice your time and sanity to make others happy, I have just one thing to say, Thank You for all you do to make the world a little bit brighter and happier.
Tags: thank you
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

*Claps in earnestness*

I'm glad somebody said it!
    *more claps*

I really, really wish I would have had the opportunity (and wits) to thank my grandmother for making Christmas happen all throughout my childhood. It took her death for me to really understand how much she put into making the holidays nice for the rest of her family.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.