View RSS Feed

ChriscoStick

What the hell

Rate this Entry
I swear to god my parents, mostly my mom, live in their own little fantasy world completely exempt from the most basic laws of reality. My dad is just a hypocritical moron but my mom is borderline delusional.

I was having one of my severe mood swings and she ended up asking why I was so grumpy. I finally snapped and said something to the affect of "Probably because I have extreme depression." and she was genuinely surprised. To give some background on why this is so stupid, I've been depressed for most of my life but extremely depressed for the last 3-4 years. I would sleep for 12+ hours a day, my appetite changed at random, I wouldn't want to do things I normally loved and would just sit in my room for days on end. They are also paying for my therapy that I need since I was molested for 10 years and they know why I'm there. Yet she had NO idea that I was depressed and said she thought these were just me being my odd self.

Then today we were driving to the store she asked "So not to be rude or anything but how much longer do you think you'll be in counselling?" with a tone that made it clear she thought it should be soon if not now. I said "probably for awhile longer." and she had the nerve to say "oh well you're almost 18". She said it as a joke but are you fucking kidding me. First off she failed in the parent's most basic job of protecting their child and now she's going to joke about not funding an attempt to fix my screwed up mind? Keep in mind I've only been to 7 sessions for my issues. In what fucked up, dumb ass view of reality is 7 sessions enough time to fix 10 years of molestation, one of the most if not the most psychologically damaging events possible? What the hell is wrong with my parents?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy
    Sometimes, I need to wonder if parenting should requires a parenting license just like driving a car requires a driver's license. I bet half the people would fail the test and would have to wear cahstity devices for the rest of their lives

Also, parents keep thinking that at the day their kid turns 18, they've lost all responsibility for future, or past. Kids aren't rental cars you can just return after the rental period is up. On the other hand, if you make a dent into the rental car, you'll have to pay for fixing it after returning the car. So your parents shouldn't wiggle out of their responsibility to fix you after whatever has gone wrong in the past. Or maybe they lost their parenting license over it?

Peachy
    True.

Only problem with that is just because you have a license doesn't mean you're a safe, proper, smart driver, it just means you're competent to be able to pass a test that you can prepare for, whereas parenting can vary GREATLY from many factors, driving just has one set standard that you learn once and doesn't change. Still, the point is valid. :P

Some parents just seem straight up stupid like that, maybe it's because the law says you're an adult, they assume you're mature enough to make all the right decisions on your own and are responsible because the law says you can be?
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.