View RSS Feed

TenSwords

The Great Epiphany.

Rate this Entry
I was trying to to get to sleep, but I had trouble. I tried using I-Doser, a program that uses sounds to recreate and simulate certain emotions and experiences. I tried using one to help me go to sleep, but what happened was totally and entirely unexpected, and life-changing. This is what I wrote immediately after the experience:

Let me tell you where I have been. I have been into the far reaches of the universe itself. Iíve stared at vast galaxies, galaxies with spiral shapes, and purple, white, bright eyes, and dazzling stars all around. Iíve left this body, and all the material things behind with it. What is left is something I cannot describe. When you leave the body, all pain is gone, and the only thing that is clear to you is that you are in a content state of mind, in pure and absolute solace while soaring through the cosmos. You realize that love, hate, anger, sadness, all irrational emotion is nowhere to be found. You are not someone, but you are indeed one with everyone and everything. You are one with God, you are one with the entire universe, and the only thing holding you back from discovering this on your own is your body. Your body is not you; the body is a vessel for what entity I have just described. Without the body, you can move about wherever you may please, and you know that your very soul is eternal and without restraint. God is guiding you every step of the way as well. God does indeed care, and He only wishes for you to realize what you cannot see with this body. It is the illusion of everyday life that keeps us from realizing that which is important: that God is with you, that God has created you, and that He wants you to know that all this is not reality as you know it.

Of course, all the mental preparation I've gone through to realize this was both entirely accidental but totally necessary, and I only wish I could give to you what I saw just now. It's beautiful beyond words.

Updated 18-Dec-2011 at 10:09 by TenSwords

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have been struggling on and off with this overwhelming fear of death. I keep telling myself (and truly believe) that the afterlife is nothing to fear but a great honor; youíre with God after all. However, I cannot deny that I still feel uneasy about what will happen to me after I die. I wonder about if I will be alone (everyoneís greatest fear) to navigate my way to Heaven or if I will be greeted by angels to help me find my way. I am a true believer that things happen for a reason and God does communicate with us, itís just a matter of allowing yourself to listen. After reading your post I canít help but to feel that God wanted me to know that like you said, I will feel nothing but content. I just wanted to take the time to thank you for sharing, it has helped relieve some anxiety I tend to try and bury.
    -duckie
    Okay then. I may sympathize with what you're saying, so my question surely seems rudimentary in nature, but how did you experience this - and most importantly - why?

As a mahayana-buddhist, I see what you're trying to convey. I don't believe in God, and my views on existence mirror's that of a nihilist's. From my point of view, what you're describing is the existence of Maya - a veil that separates us from the real world. It's like being in a room without windows, you see the walls, yet you can't even perceive what may lie beyond the wall that entraps you. The body is indeed a part of Maya, as it binds us to the illusion of existance.

It's actually kind of beautiful, our core-beliefs are almost polar opposites, yet we look at the world with the same eyes. You have my utmost respect, my friend. Live well.

Quote Originally Posted by duckie
    I have been struggling on and off with this overwhelming fear of death.

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for sharing, it has helped relieve some anxiety I tend to try and bury.
    -duckie
    First off, I am delighted that my enlightenment has helped you in some way, and I am here to tell you that as far as I knew at the time of it happening, there is no such thing as death. The self that I described, as I said, is eternal, and the only thing that makes you fear it is the fact that you do not know life outside this one. If you venture outside your body and realize that what you see in the mirror is not you, but instead a physical vessel of your entity, complete with emotions, hormones, and human behavior, then you will know that whatever death you will experience here does not mean anything. Life on Earth is simply a time trial to see how long it takes for you to realize who you are spiritually and who God really is, and you get to spend the rest of it in joy if you find out before you actually die. If you have achieved this realization in this life, however, I'm not entirely sure what happens afterward for sure. I don't think anyone will ever truly know this until it actually happens either, because God does not make it obvious on Earth. So regardless of what may happen, just try your best to focus on the here and now, and to live life to the fullest. That's what it is really meant for, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Crassi
    Okay then. I may sympathize with what you're saying, so my question surely seems rudimentary in nature, but how did you experience this - and most importantly - why?

As a mahayana-buddhist, I see what you're trying to convey. I don't believe in God, and my views on existence mirror's that of a nihilist's. From my point of view, what you're describing is the existence of Maya - a veil that separates us from the real world. It's like being in a room without windows, you see the walls, yet you can't even perceive what may lie beyond the wall that entraps you. The body is indeed a part of Maya, as it binds us to the illusion of existance.

It's actually kind of beautiful, our core-beliefs are almost polar opposites, yet we look at the world with the same eyes. You have my utmost respect, my friend. Live well.
    Regardless of our differences in views, it is really great to see that you have had a similar experience! I think something like this is something that is the first step in life, to realize such a thing. People go on without ever knowing life outside this one, and that can be problematic at most times.

As far as how and why it happened, I don't know, especially the "why" aspect haha. It was on accident that I discovered this, and I think my spiritual search for so many months on end has led to this. Why it happened when I did I-Dosing is well beyond me haha.

Why did this happen...I don't think it was necessarily God's arrangement for this to happen. My view of God is one of abstractness, impersonal nature, but loving nonetheless. We are given a mechanism for this realization in hopes that we achieve it somehow, and I guess it was pure luck that this happened to me? I really don't know. I do know that it did happen, and that I'll use it to my advantage all throughout life.

I have a respect for you since you know where I'm coming from. Epiphanies of this nature are seemingly hard to come by in people nowadays...
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.