View RSS Feed

TenSwords

My friend won't stop telling me about Morning Glories.

Rate this Entry
My friend wants to take acid at some point since it's supposed to be relatively good for you compared to other drugs or something, but he has no means of obtaining any. He did some research and found out that LSA is a really accessible, easy, and affordable alternative. One such alternative lies in the seeds of the flower called Morning Glory.

His mom has some Morning Glories in her garden and he's been thinking about taking some and following some extraction method of sorts. He told me to look up Entheogens, and that LSA is exactly this.

They apparently enhance your spiritual senses and connection to God and what not, and so I can understand why he would like to do this, but it's still acid...

I don't know, maybe I have a bad perception of acid. I mean, supposedly marijuana isn't as bad as people say it is, so maybe this is the same story? I don't think I'll ever try it myself. Too sketchy...
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I honestly do believe that only Steve Jobs has ever told people LSD is great and should be taken by everyone due to it's spirituality factor. As some people may know, Steve Jobs did LSD a lot during his college years, and claimed it as "one" of the reasons that he thought about computers and design the way he did.

No need to go into Jobs life here, but I fully disagree. Drugs are drugs for a reason, while there are some published misconceptions even according to the FDA. They are considered dangerous or harmful for different reasons and I have no intention of ever taking any drug (Other than some good old Alcohol to ward away the depression <No I am not an alcoholic!>, and some caffeine to wake me up
    [QUOTE=Lobie;bt22978]
    No need to go into Jobs life here, but I fully disagree. Drugs are drugs for a reason, while there are some published misconceptions even according to the FDA. They are considered dangerous or harmful for different reasons and I have no intention of ever taking any drug (Other than some good old Alcohol to ward away the depression <No I am not an alcoholic!>, and some caffeine to wake me up :)[/QUOTE]

Drugs are drugs because they affect the way the brain works. And there is so many things we eat, drink, and take prescribed by doctors that come under this heading. Just because the government decided some of them are supposedly bad, doesn't mean they really are bad. Sure, Heroin, cocaine and meth are addictive and ruin people's lives, but equal Cannabis, LSD, and mushrooms have never really ruined anyone's life unless abused (like lots of thing, over use, abuse of anything usually cause problems). I'm not saying go out and take drugs RIGHT NOW! I'm just saying, don't let the reasoning for not trying them be a bunch of blowhards in a law makers office who need to get laid :X :P.

As for LSA, I've heard it's pretty much worthless, and extraction and stuff from morning glory seeds is a pain in the backside.
    One of my buddies talked about this before as well.

I tuned it down very quickly. He was saying that there were basically no side effects and that it would be easy enough to get the stuff. I was against it. My friend was into the acid scene, so he was always looking for those perfect sheets. But I was always under the mindset of: "Do you even know where that came from? How do you know what chemicals are in that?" A lot of times, around here, these products are laced with so much more than what they are intended to have. You might be purchasing LSD, but then again there may be a bit of meth or something in that mixture. This happened to a buddy of mine and he got really sick.

I know that if your friend is the one making the LSA, its probably a safe bet. But who's to say he extracts it right? Maybe he'll read false information on a sketchy website or something. I know I sound like one of those propagandha-esque drug commercials, but i would still stay away from this stuff. I'm more of a safe-bet kinda guy these days, so I only consume alcohol if I want some artificial joy.

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie
    I honestly do believe that only Steve Jobs has ever told people LSD is great and should be taken by everyone due to it's spirituality factor. As some people may know, Steve Jobs did LSD a lot during his college years, and claimed it as "one" of the reasons that he thought about computers and design the way he did.

No need to go into Jobs life here, but I fully disagree. Drugs are drugs for a reason, while there are some published misconceptions even according to the FDA. They are considered dangerous or harmful for different reasons and I have no intention of ever taking any drug (Other than some good old Alcohol to ward away the depression <No I am not an alcoholic!>, and some caffeine to wake me up
    Bill Hicks did all sorts of stuff: shrooms, DMT, LSD, and although he did die, he speaks of highly of it in his stand-ups. I'm not entirely sure if his death had anything to do with that though. I will say, however, that he does seem a LITTLE out there...

A lot of great artists have used SOME kind of drug in their lifetime though. Look at Jimi Hendrix, for example. John Mayer smokes as well, and he's going to be a legend someday...

I'm not endorsing it either, but sometimes people hype it up without actually knowing what is really wrong with it.
    I agree with the point you made above, but at the same time, music should not rely on an altered state of mind.

When I used to be heavy into marijuana, I recorded my playing. After I had completely stopped smoking the stuff for a few months, I recorded myself again. What I found really amazed me, my sound in both of the recordings was virtually the same. I was under the mindset that by expanding my mind (albeit with marijuana) I was able to write much better music. But the recordings beg to differ. My playing has really improved since I got away from that stuff and started focusing more on technique rather than what there was to eat in my cupboards.

Sure, a lot of great artists have used some form of drug in their lifetime. But take a look at the other side of the coin. What about all of the terrible artists who have done every drug on this planet? (I'm not gonna name any, as I don't wanna start a flame war.)

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbeast
    I agree with the point you made above, but at the same time, music should not rely on an altered state of mind.

When I used to be heavy into marijuana, I recorded my playing. After I had completely stopped smoking the stuff for a few months, I recorded myself again. What I found really amazed me, my sound in both of the recordings was virtually the same. I was under the mindset that by expanding my mind (albeit with marijuana) I was able to write much better music. But the recordings beg to differ. My playing has really improved since I got away from that stuff and started focusing more on technique rather than what there was to eat in my cupboards.

Sure, a lot of great artists have used some form of drug in their lifetime. But take a look at the other side of the coin. What about all of the terrible artists who have done every drug on this planet? (I'm not gonna name any, as I don't wanna start a flame war.)

-Ron
    Well I believe marijuana is a psychedelic type of drug or something. I don't know, but there is a distinguishable difference between marijuana and meth! There are only a handful of "good" drugs when comparing. Of course, any drug is worse than no drug.

LSD and all those kinds of drugs are psychedelic, and they take down barriers in your mind so that you can explore the possibilities with no restraint, you know? That's why all the artists take or have taken something like this.

Hardcore drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, etc. are not to be touched though. I have no idea how people can get the urge to try anything like that...

Alcohol, on the other hand, is something I plead ignorant to regarding its effect on musicians haha. Members of Metallica usually drank back in the day and they made music that influenced a LOT of bands to this day, so who knows what it does...
    Hahaha, Im wth you on the alcohol thing. I honestly have no idea what it really does. I drink alcohol, and my guitar playing is percieved as better. I drink alcohol and I'm sloppy as hell on bass, to the point where I have to put it down and sober up. My drummer drinks a lot, and find it limbers him up and relaxes him so hes able to play a little easier. That stuff effects everybody in different ways, but I guess it also has something to do with how much you ingest.

I don't consider marijuana a psychedelic. In some cases, yes it does create a feeling of being more connected to ones inner self. But to me, a psychedellic is a drug that reshapes how someone views the world (i.e. mushrooms). I didn't bother with any of these drugs, because I'm perfectly happy with the way things currently are in my life. I've just been around them all so often that I know the effects of most.

-Ron
    Interesting aside - i live next to a pub called the Morning Glory... makes me laugh every day!
    A couple of my friends and I tried doing that when we were 17 or 18... we got to about the third step, began debating the chemistry of the whole thing , just kinda set our project aside and left it undone, heh. The real thing was fairly easily obtainable for us anyway. Anymore I'm scared to mess with it, and haven't in years, but I can't say that I regret having done it.
    Not to say everyone should try it, though. It's a powerful thing and I'm quite sure that in the hands of the wrong person it could split your head open permanently.
    Updated 01-Dec-2011 at 23:35 by plenka
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.