View RSS Feed

TenSwords

The Holy Gift

Rate this Entry
It's a title for Tool's re-ordered album Lateralus. If you list the tracks in order from 1 to 13 vertically and draw a spiral starting with 6 and then spiraling outward and connecting each number in the spiral, you get the correct order of The Holy Gift! The result: 6, 7, 5, 8, 4 ,9 ,13, 1, 12, 2, 11, 3, 10

I never did this before, and being a major Tool fan, I had to try it. It took a lot of editing and time with Audacity, and I finally got it and exported it as an MP3.

In all honesty, it's a much better order than the first arrangement, but I still have some problems with it. It doesn't seem like it's the order that it should be. I see the album as a process of healing in the soul, so I think the order should go from the most hate-filled, angry songs to the most enlightening ones. The Holy Gift is not like this all that much. I still have yet to find the perfect order, but I have a good start so far!

It really is a great album. Most of my favorite songs by Tool are on it. Check it out!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Lateralus is an excellent album. I wish that Tool was more popular around here. When we play Tool for a crowd of people, they look at us like we have ten heads :/
    LOL same here man. I'm in a country band now, but I know that we would not be popular if we tried to play covers of their songs. It's quite frustrating!
    Lateralus was my first and still is my favorite Tool album. I've re-ordered the songs before, but I need to try this again. All of my CDs already live on my computer as MP3s, so the last time I just made a playlist with the new song order.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon
    Lateralus was my first and still is my favorite Tool album. I've re-ordered the songs before, but I need to try this again. All of my CDs already live on my computer as MP3s, so the last time I just made a playlist with the new song order.
    What you can do instead is upload all the songs to a sound-editing program like Audacity and overlap songs, and adjust fade-ins/-outs. I did that and it came out nicely! It sounds better when you do it like that as well, because some songs are meant to be overlapped. Like the end of Parabola and the beginning of Schism. The software is free too!

Be careful though. It sometimes gives people viruses...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisceral
    What you can do instead is upload all the songs to a sound-editing program like Audacity and overlap songs, and adjust fade-ins/-outs. I did that and it came out nicely! It sounds better when you do it like that as well, because some songs are meant to be overlapped. Like the end of Parabola and the beginning of Schism.
    Good point, I remember it being jarring when one song would just end without it flowing into the other. Audacity is a long-time favorite of mine I've used it to clean up some vinyl-to-digital conversions.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.