View RSS Feed

Inquisitive Cashier

Rate this Entry
After more than 20 years of buying baby diapers, it finally happened: The cashier asked me who the diapers were for!

Well… sort of.

Cashier: "Hello! How are you this evening?"

Me: "Well, thanks. And you?"

Cashier: "Very well, thank you."

The cashier, a nice-looking older woman, begins ringing up my purchases.

Cashier: "Do you have a three-year-old at home?"

Me: "I do, yes." (Not a lie, but my three-year-old is almost four, and hasn't worn diapers since he was two.)

Cashier: "These are the same diapers my three-year-old grandson wears. We keep asking him when he's going to try using the potty, and he says, 'On Saturday!' But then Saturday comes and he always refuses."

Me: "Oh boy. Yeah, ours is pretty stubborn about that too, but he's warming up to the idea." (Definitely a lie.)

Cashier: "What kind of bag would you like?"

I'll be ready next time. Next time, I'll say, "Nope. I have a 35-year-old at home." We'll see how she handles that!

haha that would've been really fun if you said you had a 35 year old x3 Let us know if you ever say that Would love to hear how that'd go down!
    I agree with ninikins on that one! The look on her face would be priceless I bet =)

A look of confusion and bewilderment most likely. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.