View RSS Feed

Llayden

Sleeeeeeeeep!!!!

Rate this Entry
So for the last couple of weeks I have been working a swing shift from 1700-0300. I have worked a mid shift for almost the last 10 straight years from 2300-0700. My body has NO idea when it should be asleep anymore. I have not had a good night's rest in two weeks and am getting tired of it! I am so used to the other shift that when I should be going to sleep I am coming into my second wind. UGHHH! It is driving me insane. I do not like taking anything for sleep but tomorrow, if this continues, I am thinking of drinking a NeuroSleep/Vodka cocktail. Really, I am that desperate. Like right now, I should be fast asleep but instead I have figured out how to post a blog when I have no idea what it's for and have never posted a blog before in my life. I don't know what else I can do to trip my body out of it's old sleep cycle and into it's new one other than staying awake from here until after work tonight.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I have dealt with sleep issues all my life, unfortunately. If you've not read up on 'sleep hygiene', I'd recommend to start there. It's the basic stuff (no caffeine 4h before bed, no liquids 2h before bed, only go to bed when truly tired, breathing exercises). But if you've gone this long, I'd highly recommend Lunesta. Your doctor can likely give you free samples immediately too. I've several friends, and my doctor, who all have used it long-term to sleep. For me there's absolutely no side effect and for one friend its a bad taste in the morning. I *loathe* drugs and was hesitant to try anything, but very glad I did now! I only take a half-dose to essentially help me fall asleep. Since it all but guarantees 5h of sleep, I relax about falling asleep and often stay asleep the night through.

Regardless, I'd NOT recommend alcohol. I had to go 8 weeks before getting anything to help my sleep and resorted to it. Helped me fall asleep, but I'd wake up 4h later exhausted PLUS feeling bad. =(

Good luck!
    Another thing that might help is limit your exposure to bright lights (one of the big ones is computer screens). The bright light basically tricks your brain into thinking that it is still daytime and therefore, you won't feel very tired. (i know, i use this trick to study late into the night and keep my concentration fairly high). So all your fluro bulbs, and whitish lights, try leave them off if you can. other then that, try out the sleep hygiene and see if that works for you (works for a lot of people or at least helps, but not all of them) or go and see your physician and discuss your options for something to help you sleep (just as a side note, sleeping difficulties is becoming a huge issue in today's society).
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.