View RSS Feed

AnalogRTO

Rock the Cradle of Love

Rate this Entry
Our company 30-year anniversary party was on Saturday. I've been here roughly 17 1/2 years, so I'm considered one of the 'old-timers' even though I'm 41. I started this job straight out of college and consider myself damned lucky to have found such a good place to go right as I graduated.

Drinks, dinner, and a private concert. Some of you may have already guessed the rock star from the 80's who performed for us--Billy Idol. I guess he's 55, almost 56, and is straight and sober now. Definitely not looking bad for his age.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	private_concert___billy_idol_by_analogrto-d4dt9ey.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	6342
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	private_concert___billy_idol_by_analogrto-d4dt9rk.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	6343
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow, man! Your company must be huge, and you've helped them get there! I figure only a company doing phenomenally well has frickin' Billy Idol perform in frickin' private! (Hoooly cow!) Did you get an opportunity to say hi and shake his hand?

You're one of ADISC's great real-life, successful, non-spotlight-seeking, pseudonymous ambassadors :-) Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by whisko
    Wow, man! Your company must be huge, and you've helped them get there! I figure only a company doing phenomenally well has frickin' Billy Idol perform in frickin' private! (Hoooly cow!) Did you get an opportunity to say hi and shake his hand?

You're one of ADISC's great real-life, successful, non-spotlight-seeking, pseudonymous ambassadors :-) Thanks for sharing.
    When I started here, the company was just coming up on 13 years in business, sales were roughly $200 million. The company finished the fiscal year in June at $1.48 billion in sales. Considering Bloomberg ranked us as more profitable than Apple, Google, or Microsoft, that's something. I've been proud to have helped develop a lot of cool things--products I have made are on the Spirit and Opportunity rovers on Mars, I've received patents, and they've compensated me well for my work.

Didn't get to meet Billy Idol, there were probably 2000 people total there, but we were less than five feet from the stage. As good as front row at any other concert.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm trying more than anything to just make it through life, day-to-day, just like everyone else.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.