View RSS Feed

LifestyleLittleCandi

My Nursery Project (Part One) (LxL#1)

Rate this Entry

Lifestyle Little - Post #1

My Nursery Project - Part One

It's finally happening. I moved to Vegas about nine months ago and ever since have been living full-time as a toddler... Well, as full-time as a responsible working adult can anyway.

I work in the fashion/art industry as a model, production tech, and promotional manager for various production companies and I am for the most part self-employed. I work roughly 3-7 hours a week and have the rest of the time to live the lifestyle of my choice, my dream come true.

Because I spend so much time at Mommy's place, I have neglected my condo on the other side of town which I got solely for the purpose of building a nursery. Yesterday however, I was bitten by the bug. I went to my place and began cleaning it from top to bottom.

My downstairs (2nd floor) is my adult space. It houses my living-room, my kitchen, my downstairs bath, and my guest bedroom. I haven't done a whole lot with the place, as I'm never there. My upstairs (3rd floor) contains my master bedroom (nursery), walk-in closet, and master bath. The 1st floor has my basement, garage, and laundry area. Now that you have a general idea of the layout of my condo, I'll get to the good part.

Day - 1 (October 12, 2011)

I have collected a few things with which to begin decorating my nursery. There are a few things I've ordered that will take time to arrive (like my crib and car-seat), so I'm doing what I can with what I've already got. Mommy picked me up some wall clings when she was touring the East Coast last month that are animal and hello-kitty themed. A pink and white decorative rug lays on the floor at the top of the stairs. Also on the floor is a colorful letter/number foam locking-tile play mat.

While I was cleaning yesterday, I wound up with a huge pile of clothes that I wanted to donate to Goodwill. I made my way over to the store and dropped them off and decided to take a peek in the store. I found a Pack-n-Play and a Fisher-Price play set both for really cheap. They now sit on the floor, making the room much more inviting for little ones. I now also have a place to nap until my crib arrives!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0726[1].jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	6214

Pack -n- Play

Name:	IMG_0738[1].jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	6216

Fisher-Price Learning House

Name:	IMG_0734[1].jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	6218

View from behind the Pack -n- Play

There are a lot of walls and surfaces that I can decorate and use in different ways. I'm brainstorming and so far I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with ideas.

Name:	IMG_0725.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	6215

My walk-in closet doesn't have much done to it yet. It's basically a diaper supply closet for now. There is a three-tiered shelf that I'd love to field ideas for! If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do with it, please let me know. It was difficult to photograph, but I think I got some good angles of it. (Chair included in photo for scale).

Name:	IMG_0732[2].jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	6219

Name:	IMG_0729[1].jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	6220

I'm always looking for ideas and suggestions of what to do with my nursery. I know many little ones dream of the ideal nursery, so if anyone wants to share their dreams, ideas, or suggestions to help me with the development of this project, I'd be happy to hear them!!!

Hopefully over the next few days, I'll have gotten started on applying the wall-clings to the various chosen points in the room. Mommy and I were throwing some ideas around earlier, so hopefully it turns out as good as we think it will

To viewers and readers alike, I hope you enjoyed my first installment of Lifestyle Little

Name:	IMG_0736[1].jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	6217

Updated 19-Oct-2011 at 22:13 by LifestyleLittleCandi

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

on three-tiered shelf you might be able to use it as a cool looking changing table
    Cool looking nursery! When I move out and get my own spot, my girlfriend and I plan on having one room as my nursery. Plae yellow walls, carpeted flooring, and giraffes everywhere! It must be quite fun to have one!

-Ron

Quote Originally Posted by zachery980
    on three-tiered shelf you might be able to use it as a cool looking changing table
    That idea occurred to me two nights ago and I decided it wouldn't work because of how low the first tier is and how high the second one is. I also don't think there's enough room for Mommy to operate comfortably there.

Great suggestion I was really excited about that idea too, until I took a closer look at it...
    Eeeee awesome stuff! My nursery had lots of stuffed animals, was painted a light pink, had an adult sized loft bed that was conveniently very crib like that I had wrapped bows around the posts of. Might be some things to consider? I love the Pack-n-Play =D

Quote Originally Posted by Petorawolf
    Eeeee awesome stuff! My nursery had lots of stuffed animals, was painted a light pink, had an adult sized loft bed that was conveniently very crib like that I had wrapped bows around the posts of. Might be some things to consider? I love the Pack-n-Play =D
    Another great idea. I won't be putting a canopy bed in my nursery, but that is what I intend to do with my guest bedroom, as it's currently empty. My mom has been helping me look for beds, but she doesn't understand that I will only settle for a canopy bed. She's concerned with cost... >.< I'm... not so much.
    You could put cloud fabric on the ceiling. Replace the plain light switch covers to some thing more fun. Adult changing tables are super pricy but, here's the cheapest one I could find. Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, and Massage Therapy Store good luck

Quote Originally Posted by zachery980
    You could put cloud fabric on the ceiling. Replace the plain light switch covers to some thing more fun. Adult changing tables are super pricy but, here's the cheapest one I could find. Physical Therapy, Chiropractic, and Massage Therapy Store good luck
    I LOVE the cloud idea!!!

The light switch isn't your average switch though, it's a dimmer-knob. I could decorate it myself though

I'm pretty sure I'll make my own changing table out of a dresser, velcro, and a crib mattress I'm thinking about it anyway... Thanks for the link!
    No real ideas I've never been in a position to have a nursery sadly, though I've always wanted one. When I lived away from my family, I'd decorate my room... kid sheets... bed rail... and I've always liked stuffed animals. That was the furtherest out that I've gone.

Now that I'm back in my home town where my family is more likely to come over and visit, I don't feel comfortable enough doing my room up even that much despite my always closing my bedroom door when guests come over. I have contractors in my family, and it wouldn't be that out of the ordinary for one to be curious and wonder about the state of my ceiling after a storm or something.

Anyway, good luck to you I hope your crib turns out well... to me, a good crib with cute sheets, bumpers, and a nice mobile is the highlight of a nursery. Well, that and the plushies you bring into it.

If you haven't thought of it yet, a cute diaper stacker is a nice touch. Also, you can find some cute scented wax warmers that double as night lights. I have one with baby powder scented wax I got from amazon. Scentsy I think is who makes it.

Yeah...
    Select Language
    I have the lamb one
    I've heard a lot about scentsy products, but I've never seen anything made by them in person. I have been using Mommies Scents to scent my nursery and it's wonderful! I have three bottles, and all I really needed to scent my upstairs was like, 3 drops!

My place in Las Vegas is about 2500 miles away from my family, so I had a comfortable amount of distance to play with in creating my dream world. However, before I even started putting this nursery together, I told my mom about it and she immediately started crocheting a pink and white baby blankie for me

My crib should be done in a few weeks! It's going to be white and I'm going to fit it with baby pink sheets, most likely. Pink and White is my basic motif of choice

Those scentsy buddies are adorable! I want Penny the Pig!
    Mommies Scents is pretty awesome. I think it's expensive for the amount that you get, but I haven't found anything else that smells quite as good. And nothing that smells like that diaper fresh scent. Oh well.

Lucky to have such an understanding family. I think some of mine might tolerate it... maybe... not that I care about telling them about or anything. I just hate having to lock my room door whenever I have company or throw a bunch of things in my closet and lock that. It's annoying to go through a lot of trouble to hide something that shouldn't even matter.

I look forward to seeing how the crib turns out. I always get jealous looking at other peoples' cribs >.<

I had just seen the scentsy buddies looking up the link to post here... I already decided to get one. I just can't decide between the lion or the polar bear >.< Love of kitties vs love of cold...
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.