View RSS Feed

My blog...Mine, MINE!!!!

My first year wearing diapers at night...brands I've tried, etc.

Rate this Entry
I started wearing diapers regularly almost a year ago. It started as a joke between my wife and I and was for fun, but I quickly found a 'practical' aspect of wearing diapers. When I get up at night to use the bathroom, it can take me up to an hour to go back to sleep. Since I have to go to work at 4am, this caused me some problems. I discovered that by wearing at night, I could just go, and not have to wake up all the way. This initially caused some problems, as anytime I wet while lying on my side I leaked. I soon found out that if I rolled onto my back I could wet without leaking. Thus began my regular diaper wearing at night. I found that I liked the wet feeling, the security, the powder smell, and waking up in a diaper was just running to the bathroom first thing.

So the history of my diaper brands...I started with Depends, but soon discovered premium diapers. Since they are so expensive, I had to find happy middle ground. My first premium was Bambinos. They worked great, but same problem with leaks on my, I'm not an AB, just a DL, and I didn't like the babyish designs. The Bianco do not have standing barriers, so they didn't work so well for messes. Also they are expensive, and I cannot afford expensive. Next I tried Molicare. They were great, but again, expensive. Then I found Assurance at WalMart. They did pretty well despite not having standing barriers, I liked the velcro type tapes, and these diapers are not pricey, so I started using those regularly. Same problem with side sleeping and leaking, but I had pretty much resigned myself to having to flip on my back to wet. Next were the Abenas, and they are my favorite. They hold a lot, the tapes work well, and did a better job when I wet on my side. Cost was still a problem, and I went back to Assurance. The Tranquility ATNs were next, and I can't even really evaluate them because the tapes do not stick well. I had the same problem with Dry 24/7...tapes did not stick for very long. So I'm back to Assurance. I'd love to find a premium diaper that holds a lot, contains messes, and has good tapes, or a landing zone that works.

Lately I seem to be on a bit of a purge. The Assurance diapers are okay, but I've noticed I'm leaking more. We've had a bit of stress at home lately and I'm drinking a lot of water. Thus, I tend to flood and leak sooner. Also, the Assurance diapers do not do messes well. This past weekend I made a huge mess, and the diaper did not hold it. I have not really had a desire to wear diapers to bed at all this week, so I guess I'll just go with it and see what happens.

Perhaps I'll blog again sometime.
Life In Diapers

If cost is a problem, perhaps investing in cloth nappies would be cheaper in the long run? Also, I hear they handle wetting while lying on your side better, seen as the padding runs roundvthe sides too.
    I've thought about trying cloth but have not yet taken the plunge. I also like the idea of wearing plastic pants. Maybe I'll give that a go sometime. - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.