View RSS Feed

FauxPas

Haunted House

Rate this Entry
Background Story: We think our house is haunted. A few years back at about 3 a.m. we had a vacuum turn on and move 5 feet across the room. If you stand at the top of the basement stairs and yell down, "here kitty kitty." you can distinctly hear something jump down from somewhere and run across the basement floor (unfinished basement) toward the stairs, but nothing ever comes up. Our cats will sit and stare at one place on our wall and in unison watch something go back and forth.

A few months after we got our house we found a dead cat in our backyard, we buried it near a tree right next to our house (it had been hit by a car)

So just tried to go to sleep, All my cats are accounted for none of them were downstairs. Suddenly out of nowhere one of my cupboards in my kitchen started opening and slamming shut. I quickly flick on my light and slowly move into the hallway and flick on the hall light. I see 3/4 cats. At first I think okay...Cat downstairs trying to get into the cupboard door, but the problem is that the opening and closing is far too rapid to be my cat.

Finally after the cupboard stopped I made my way downstairs turning on lights as I go, I could hear no movement in the house. I grabbed a wooden stick that was up against a wall, completely prepared to smack anything that moved (that was not my cat)

Finally I made my way into the kitchen, I usually know better than to go investigate, seeing how many scary movies I have seen. I know what happens....I found the cupboard that was making the noise. I had left one open all the way and it was touching another one so when one opened it hit the other, then caused the first one to close, making it sound like more than one was being opened and slammed shut, there was also a chair in front of the cupboards causing even more noise.

Now you maybe thinking "okay so a cat was trying to get into it and that explains everything" Well nope, Cat #4 is still missing. Found her upstairs in my Mom's bedroom. So not sure what exactly was trying to open that door. But needless to say right now I am freaked the F*** out
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That is spooky.... Especially the "Here, kitty, kitty." part... I wuldn't be staying there haha. That kind of stuff freaks me out so bad that I'm lucky I even managed to finish reading your blog!

My Gf tries to make me watch scary movies, but I never watch the ones with ghosts. Anything other than ghosts is fine, but those bastards freak me right out!

-Ron
    Yup - Paranormal Activity 3 right here

You have my sympathies - I'm terrified of this whole kinda thing!
    As a man of science I'm reluctant to tag anything as paranormal without substantial evidence to back the claim, that said, the basement part freaked me out a bit. The cabinet thing is strange but I'm not convinced that's a ghost thing.

You brought an interesting story to your blog though, so kudos for that. Also, I would have prepared myself for that chick from the Sixth Sense to be hanging out in the kitchen rummaging through the cupboards, and then she turns around and is all beat to hell and has slit wrists. *shudder* That's why I love scary movies but hate that my imagination gets carried away.
    Ooohhh talk about creepy. For the vacuum turning on and moving by itself...let's just say I'd be drooling if that was caught on tape - raw footage that hasn't been edited in any way.

In regards to the cabinet situation, frankly I'm kind of lost here. You say that you left it open, and if the other opened it would hit the first one, then there's a chair in front of them? And the cats weren't there...honestly I think i need a little more clarification there...

But the "here kitty kitty"...that one sounds rather interesting.

If you had the means to do so, I'd recommend going around the entire house taking pictures, or go about with a video camera just so see if you might catch something interesting like orbs or mysterious mists -and-or- shadows or just something that doesn't look like it should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripped
    In regards to the cabinet situation, frankly I'm kind of lost here. You say that you left it open, and if the other opened it would hit the first one, then there's a chair in front of them? And the cats weren't there...honestly I think i need a little more clarification there...

If you had the means to do so, I'd recommend going around the entire house taking pictures, or go about with a video camera just so see if you might catch something interesting like orbs or mysterious mists -and-or- shadows or just something that doesn't look like it should be there.
    I made brownies earlier, the cabinet was in a corner of the room, so one door was open and up against another cabinet. For some reason I also put a chair in front of the open cabinet, so when the non-open one was opened it hit the open door and then hit the chair, it then would slam shut, This made the noise louder and more frequent. So the rapidness is explained, but not sure what was messing with the doors, unless my cat snuck around one way while I went the other way.

I need to go around with my camera, it's a good idea, next time my cats are watching the wall, I'll start snapping pics.
    Check under any carpets for chalk outlines, I think your real estate agent might have left out some details when you bought the house XD

-Ron
    scary! You might want to get some Ghost Hunters action there!
    My cousins house was a bit weird, I fully believe her house was haunted. Things just felt strange going in there... although nothing odd happened then the bump in the night, it just felt overly uncomfortable to sit in that house. Almost as though something was just waiting for you to let your guard down I suppose.

I find paranormal stuff quite fascinating, IR Night vision, or getting UV (and blacklights), is a good idea.
    The title caught my attention....

But this is interesting, just don't tell us any of that paranormal activity BS e.g. "my cat got dragged round the house by its back legs and tried to kill me" =p

and keep us posted this in generally interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by m12345n
    The title caught my attention....

But this is interesting, just don't tell us any of that paranormal activity BS e.g. "my cat got dragged round the house by its back legs and tried to kill me" =p

and keep us posted this in generally interesting...
    Ha, no problem. If I can get my scanner working, I got some photos I could upload that would blow your mind.

We got 1 when we were in New York, my brother turned around and snapped a random pic of me and my Mom, there are a bunch of orange streaks and orbs, that weave around me and my mom and one of the streaks you can see the shape of a hand.

Another we have in the house where Lincoln died, it's the face of a man sitting in a chair.
    I feel for you. Ive had a ridiculous amount of paranormal activity happen. However, what's going on in your house seems fairly innocent! You have nothing to worry about. Have you ever had unexplained scratches??
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.