View RSS Feed

The Randomicity of a SuperDan...

A Defiant Rant...

Rate this Entry
... the point of which is missing.

Basically, it will amount to: "ARGH! SpellCheck! Just... Just... Fuck off!

I wish it were a person so I could kick it in the balls. And it would have balls because, for as much as women are said to be picky and nagging etc, only a guy - and a gay guy at that - could be that fucking pedantic.

So I'd just like to say you can put as many red squiggly lines as you like under my words, I will continue to put the letter 'u' wherever the fuck I like. Asking someone to "humour me and tell me what their favourite colour is" is like admitting, in public, that I have sex with pygmy goats.

Screw you, SpellCheck. You're gonna die by my hand. I'm turning you off. Muahahahahahaha!

Can't you change the language to UK or Canada? I know some programs you can...
    If it's any help (and assuming you're using Microsoft Office)...

Start > Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office #### Tools > Microsoft Office #### Language Preferances

You can twiddle the global language settings for the spell checker here, although if you have saved documents written while it was set to American it may flip back to it just for those documents.

Oh and if you think Office is bad, try the bloomin' iPad! Forget squiggly lines, it actively rewrites stuff as you type!!
    Because Apple do, of course, know what you were wanted to say better than you do!
    I really hate software that tries to second guess me. I touch type, and I'm fairly quick at it, so I can be a paragraph or two past before I realize its changed something on me, leaving me blithely typing gibberish.

Usually you can turn spell check off. Not sure about the last couple of Office versions, though, as I abandoned Microsoft for Open Office a few years ago.
    The day Google release a spell checker program, the better. It has NEVER failed to correct even my god awful spelling mistakes. Saying that, Chrome has a terrible inbuilt spell checker. O.O - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.