View RSS Feed

The Randomicity of a SuperDan...

A First...

Rate this Entry
... For me. And it was a weird one.

I was sitting at work, serving a customer whose child had just been bought a HotWheels car. He was shooed off to the end of the checkout out the way, whilst his parents packed their shopping.

Since I was on autopilot, I found myself keenly watching this kid. He was so content sitting, playing with this (rather awesome) toy and seemed perfectly happy driving it along the windowsill, skidding it across the floor... I was suddenly aware of a strange knot in my stomach - I think it was jealousy.

I spent the next five minutes being bombarded with memories of playing with Scalextric... MicroMachines at the top of my Gran's stairs... And following my own Mum round shops. I had a massive urge of how much I missed that care-freeness.

I've been actively acknowledging and indulging my AB side for over a year now and I can't say I've found many downsides for me, personally.

I've also never really bought into the whole "jealous of real kids" idea, so... It was rather strange for to me to suddenly feel something like this for the first time.

I'm fairly similar in fashion to what you describe. I don't usually get jealous of kids, but one day a few weeks ago I saw some kids jumping on a bouncy castle and I really wanted to join in ( Of course I wouldn't have..). But, my girlfriend must have taken notice and said "Those castles are made for actual kids, not kids at heart. You're a bit too big." Needless to say, I was heartbroken...

-Ron - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community. is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.