View RSS Feed

irataliw

working out

Rate this Entry
Have you ever tried and failed to get a workout routine going?

I somehow feel until I get my own treadmill I am going to forever dread working out... I live in a 12 story condo with 30 condos per floor. We have 1, count it, 1 treadmill. 0 ellipticals, and 1 bike. You feel like you win the lottery every time you get to use it and then you feel like a jerk anytime someone opens the workout room door and sees you on the machine thereby robbing them of the chance to work out..... On the bright side, it is the beginning of September practically so the "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD IT IS HOT!" days are almost over which means walking/jogging outside shouldn't be such a bear, but given that I live in Chicago, I fear the winter which will limit me once again to Ze workout room. After our wedding my fiance and I are definitely buying a treadmill, but in the interum boo.

By the by, any of you with significant others sometimes catch your loved one checking your crotch as though to say, "Yes, I see that diaper bulge, Irataliw." and then not say anything?

Oh well. Been a good couple of days
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good that you can go jogging outdoors ^_^ I love walking around towns/cities.

lmao, my bf always looks down there ;p I'm positive that's what he is saying to himself to.
    I seem to run into this problem too. I seem to get into the habit of exercising for a while, but then it all falls apart one way or another.

I was getting a lot of exercise the last two summers, but not so much this year. It's probably because I haven't been swimming much. I normally go swimming once or twice a week during the summer, but I've only been swimming about three or four times this summer.

I was actually getting okay exercise over the winter, which is unusual. I'm usually pretty inactive during the winter. It's probably because I had bought an exercise pedal thing. I remember a few times when I used it for two hours straight. It's because I watch a lot of TV, so I'd just use it while watching stuff. The stupid thing is sort of breaking though. >.< But it still seems to mostly work for now. (good thing I ended up getting it for free in the end because a washer was missing)

I would probably go for walks every day, but I don't like walking alone, so I actually don't go walking very often at all.
    @ Shippo- Yeah, walking alone stinks, but a nice music device can make it less boring for me Swimming is the absolute best for you but I can never get into it for very long...

@Lobie- Lol, a part of me wants to joke with her and say, "Hey, my eyes are up here!" but I don't mind
    My building has no workout facility, so powderhair got herself a gym membership.
    Get a bike dude, they are the most amazing things. xD I love my bike and ride it EVERYWHERE. <3

On the side note, my girlfriend usually pulls the waistband of my diaper out and gives me a silly look and we both laugh. x3
    I feel weird walking around listening to music. I dunno how to explain it. I have done it before, but only rarely. It feels weird because... I dunno... like my ears are disconnected from the world or something. I very often have my phone playing music in my pocket though, I mean with the speaker instead of headphones. But that wouldn't work for going on a walk outside.

I can swim, but I'm not really a good swimmer. Swimming class at school was always embarrassing because I was afraid of stuff they wanted us to do.
    I really only swim a little bit of the time, then mostly walk around and stuff. It's fun and good exercise.
    Your limitations are mostly in your head. I live in the Chicago area as well....... there are very few days per yeat that you CAN'T run outside with proper preparation. Running in hot weather is mostly a function of keeping up your fluid intake. On hot days, that can mean as much as 2 liters per hour if you're going in the heat of the day at or near race pace. If you make the effort, you'll find that your body adapts to heat after a while. There are documented studies on this.....your system learns to conserve electrolytes by making your sweat less salty. For those of you in Texas, sorry, even heat adaptation doesn't do much for you when its well over 100. There are limits.

In the cold, its a matter of insulation. I've run on below 0 days, although I'll limit exposure to maybe an hour. Even that is a mental, not a physical limitation, with the right technical clothing.

That brings it down to thundersstorms or excessive snow and ice. I'll agree that running is a bad idea when there's lightning around or tornado warnings. Running on ice risks injury. Snow can actually improve your workout provided its not to deep. You might go slower and work harder, but it cushions your footfalls, making it easier on joints. When the snow gets more than 6 or 8 inches deep, the obvious answer is cross country skis. XC gives you a better full body aerobic workout than even swimming. A lot of park districts rent the equipment cheap if you don't have your own.

P.S. Treadmills are a last resort for me. They turn your brain to mush in no time at all

P.P.S. Think variety. No reason running has to be the only thing. Bike, lift, swim, ski, skate. It all works, and I find it easier to keep up the program if I'm not doing the same old thing day after day after day.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.