View RSS Feed

Knight Night's

Nobody Else On Here Likes Comics?!

Rate this Entry
So I made a group the other day on here for comic book fans and nobody has joined yet. Now perhaps the problem is me, maybe I need to go sit at the cool kids table at lunch so people will think I'm cool by association. Maybe the issue is that I'm the only person on here that likes comics, a possibility but I doubt it. The more sinister option is that everyone is laughing at my attempts to integrate myself in some small way with this community...but that one's just crazy...right? *nervous smile*

I think the real answer is that people don't know about it. I did neglect to take out a full page ad in every Sunday paper in the country, I felt it was too ostentatious. I know that the internet as an entity is fraught with a cacophony of people desperate to be heard and yearning for acceptance among the teeming masses that inhabit their environment, but this is not the case for me.

When I do something it's not for my own gain. I know that sounds like I'm looking my nose down at everyone, or that I think I'm somehow better. I am not. I'll be the first person to suggest that you look somewhere else for a friend before you come to me, and that's not to say I wouldn't be grateful for your friendship but rather I just think you can do better. Sometimes my sense of humor, when read rather than heard, is confused with douchebaggery. Comments I make often come off as rude when they are meant to be jovial or teasing. I can't change my sense of humor and I don't expect others to adapt to it, rather, I advise people to ignore me if they find me unpleasant to read. That's the part that makes me worry. What if I've somehow marked myself as a "nuisance" and I've shot myself in the foot before the jump.

What was I originally talking about? *reads* Oh yeah, I made a group for people that like comic books! Tell your friends. Mention this blog when you join and get...the satisfaction that you joined. (That last part was gonna have a joke about making a dying child's dream come true, but I remembered what I had just written about my sense of humor so I took it out...and then told you about it anyway.) That's how I roll.

Also, it has come to my attention that links are helpful. 'Nuff Said! - ADISC.org. Go there, please and thank you.

Updated 17-Aug-2011 at 02:18 by DementiasKnight

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Where can such a group be found??? D<
    Need to work on that self-promotion thing if you don't include a link for the group in the blog. Once upon a time that would have been a good group for me. Now, although I like the medium, I don't much care for the general message.

I do see people talking about comics now and again in the IRC, so I know proper fans are lurking around here somewhere. Hope you find them

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor
    Need to work on that self-promotion thing if you don't include a link for the group in the blog. Once upon a time that would have been a good group for me. Now, although I like the medium, I don't much care for the general message.

I do see people talking about comics now and again in the IRC, so I know proper fans are lurking around here somewhere. Hope you find them
    D'oh. I guess in my haste to attempt to be entertaining WHILE drawing attention to the group I plum forgot to plug it. Thanks Trevor.
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.